(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Roadcraft
 The DSA Enhanced Rider Scheme in the UK
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

advancedbiker
13 Posts

BIDDULPH, STAFFORDSHIRE
United Kingdom

Honda

VFR800

Posted - 07/04/2009 :  2:33 AM                       Like
I know we have been talking about 'Roadcraft' on this forum and getting 'bogged down' with its application and sutiablity for novice riders. In the UK a government agency, the DSA has introduced a scheme which has been endorsed by a number of insurance companies - (Discount available).

I am part of that scheme and you can get more information at:
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motorin...s/DG_4022666

It can be easily adapted for the US,

Nigel

rkfire
Advanced Member
1693 Posts

Stratford, CT
USA

Suzuki

Bandit

Peer Review: Blocked

Posted - 07/04/2009 :  3:30 PM   Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
That's a pretty good concept, and using reduced insurance premiums makes a good incentive. Although some of us older riders probably can't reduce the premiums much, I pay $55 a YEAR for example.

It does make me wonder about organized mentoring here in the states. I've seen it mentioned several times, but not an organized system. I'm referring to a unofficial, non-gov't program. Of course some sort of certification would make the mentors at least show some skill and knowledge.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05