(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Contrary Opinions
 Safety Tip #025
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

cpietran
Male New Member
19 Posts

Martinsburg, WV-West Virginia
USA

(None)

Posted - 02/25/2011 :  10:28 AM                       Like
I would like to tell y'all from personal experience that it is not always possible to own a lane using the left track, or even the middle track at times. One town I used to live in had bike lanes. Any time I was in or even close to the left and waiting to go straight, vehicles coming up behind me to turn right would pull right up along side of me using half the land and the bike lane before turning. At times they came dangerously close to clipping my right leg. So all I'm saying is that depending on the lane/intersection design, it may be safer to be in the right track of the lane.

Carl

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17292 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 02/25/2011 :  11:02 AM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
The message in that tip is that you should use your lane position to control the lane. It is not arguing that the left track is the right place to be to do that. Just as your message says, maybe it's the right track that does that for you.
Go to Top of Page

cpietran
Male New Member
19 Posts

Martinsburg, WV-West Virginia
USA

(None)

Posted - 02/25/2011 :  2:33 PM
I guess I misunderstood the intention of the tip. Thanks for clarifying the intention of the tip.

Carl
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05