(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Campfire chat
 Sudden Suprises
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

gymnast
4263 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, Idaho
USA

Harley-Davidson

Sportster Sport

Posted - 02/20/2015 :  1:29 PM                       Like
Occasionally as a rider you may encounter a situation that is both bizarre, unpredictable, and potentially deadly. If one encounters such a situation it may be best to carefully extract yourself from the scene rather than foolishly try to record it with a cellphone camera or dash cam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1LGKieTxY

commonground
Male Standard Member
155 Posts

Windsor, PA
USA

Yamaha

V Star 1300

Posted - 03/01/2015 :  9:59 AM
I agree with the "get out of there" scenario. Pressurized bottles of flammable and explosive gas are very unpredictable. They can explode sending shrapnel everywhere or become an unguided missile. Years ago as a firefighter I learned to stay far away from them. Many times at a fire scene a propane tank would start venting and burning off the gas. We would patiently wait from a distance for it to burn off before approaching.

Augie
Go to Top of Page

AaronC
Male Standard Member
102 Posts

Windsor, Ontario
Canada

Honda

1984 Magna vf700c

Posted - 03/22/2015 :  6:06 PM
That was a treat to watch with a good stereo.

I hope that white car right near the explosions was owned by the person I saw hoofing it like mad out of there at the beginning of the video.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.73 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05