(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Rider Training Courses
 CMSP Total Controls Beginner Rider Course
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

Doc
Male New Member
13 Posts

LAS VEGAS, NV
USA

Suzuki

GSX650F among others

Posted - 02/12/2016 :  5:03 PM   Join poster on Facebook as Friend                        Like
I posted this in another thread, before learning the ways of the forum, so as asked, I'm posting a new thread.

Since I live in close proximity to California, I had an opportunity to take one of their beginner rider courses that are being touted across the country as revolutionary, cutting edge, and other such accolades, by the people pushing the program. Rather than simply believing what someone says, it's always best to have a first-hand perceptive. As such, I've written a lengthy review that people might be interested in reading. Here's a link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B...tVHFYV0VNbTA

I'd like to see if anyone else has taken the Total Control course, and what they thought of it. How does it compare to MSF Basic Rider Course currently being taught, if you can compare, and if not, what did you think of the teaching style used? Is my review fair or not, and why?

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17283 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 02/12/2016 :  5:06 PM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
Do you have any relationship with the MSF?
Go to Top of Page

Doc
Male New Member
13 Posts

LAS VEGAS, NV
USA

Suzuki

GSX650F among others

Posted - 02/12/2016 :  7:01 PM   Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
quote:
Originally posted by James R. Davis

Do you have any relationship with the MSF?

Other than being a RiderCoach who provides training on a military base, no. I thought I made full disclosure in my report.
Go to Top of Page

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17283 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 02/12/2016 :  7:54 PM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
You probably did. I, however, do not link to unknown IP addresses - ever.
Go to Top of Page

Doc
Male New Member
13 Posts

LAS VEGAS, NV
USA

Suzuki

GSX650F among others

Posted - 02/12/2016 :  10:58 PM   Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
quote:

You probably did. I, however, do not link to unknown IP addresses - ever.

Ah, I understand. The link is my Google Drive account and it's a .pdf file. I'm looking for a way to upload a .pdf here, but don't see one. Am I missing it?
Go to Top of Page

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17283 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 02/12/2016 :  11:36 PM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
Nope. We accept only picture uploads. Sorry.
Go to Top of Page

Doc
Male New Member
13 Posts

LAS VEGAS, NV
USA

Suzuki

GSX650F among others

Posted - 02/13/2016 :  8:30 AM   Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
quote:

Nope. We accept only picture uploads. Sorry.

Thanks. It's 20 pages, so that's too much to convert into photos. I guess those interested will read it and those not, not.
Go to Top of Page

DataDan
Advanced Member
540 Posts
[Mentor]

Central Coast, CA
USA

Yamaha

FJR1300

Posted - 02/13/2016 :  12:26 PM
I read your evaluation, Doc. Thanks for linking to it. Since I am not involved in training (except as a consumer years ago), I'm not your intended audience, but it was informative.

Could you show the schedule--i.e., time spent in classroom and range sessions, and approximate time for key range exercises?

Go to Top of Page

Doc
Male New Member
13 Posts

LAS VEGAS, NV
USA

Suzuki

GSX650F among others

Posted - 02/13/2016 :  7:27 PM   Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
quote:
Originally posted by DataDan

I read your evaluation, Doc. Thanks for linking to it. Since I am not involved in training (except as a consumer years ago), I'm not your intended audience, but it was informative.

Could you show the schedule--i.e., time spent in classroom and range sessions, and approximate time for key range exercises?

There are a number of different schedules used in all beginner courses, buy mine was as follows:
Fri: 6:00-8:30 pm classroom on basic riding skills and riding gear
Sat: 12:30-4:30 pm riding
Sat: 5:30-8:30 pm classroom on visibility, strategies, and cornering
Sun: 12:30-4:30 pm riding and skills test
Sun: 5:30-8:00 pm impairments, written test, and course wrap-up
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05