(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Campfire chat
 Your bike Sucks !
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

bachman1961
Male Advanced Member
2263 Posts
[Mentor]

colorado springs, co
USA

Honda

CB750 NightHawk

Posted - 02/22/2016 :  2:46 AM                       Like
Link below for a humorous article on the back page of that issue I just received.

I don't know how long the link will work but the essence of the story is a subscriber who may just be happiest as the last man on earth and the only motorbike on the road. Apparently he is so upset that other m/c styles and brands exist (and are featured in the magazine) he had to write them and cancel his subscription.
I got the feeling the staff might have been just as tempted to shred the guys check, bury it and cancel him stating they never rec'd payment. He just saved them the trouble.

I always felt/feel the diversity of colors, styles, brands and model years helps this sport be cross-generation and an eclectic group of happy-go-lucky, kind spirited people. By losing a subscriber, Motorcyclist is better by 5-fold IMO.

In fact personally, the most fun I've had on my bike could have been summed up in a photo of three guys riding together, A giant scooter- 650 Bergman, a 750 Nighthawk and a Harley. And all different colors, us Hooligans !!

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/y...cling#page-2

Edited by - bachman1961 on 02/22/2016 2:54 AM

AaronC
Male Standard Member
102 Posts

Windsor, Ontario
Canada

Honda

1984 Magna vf700c

Posted - 04/20/2016 :  7:56 PM
I really don't understand this mentality at all.

Mind you, I'm kind of guilty of it since I'm not really all that impressed by the "Harley Mentality", though that has nothing to do with the bikes themselves, and it's really only a few loudmouths that sort of spoil it for the rest.

I remember a few years back, I had my heart set on a sport bike, and was a little bit disappointed when I had to get my old Magna.

Suffice it to say, it was an eye-opening purchase and I'll be sad when it's time to let this bike go.

I'm going to name my bike the Millennium Falcon, cause it's fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy :D
Go to Top of Page

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6886 Posts
[Mentor]

Pleasanton, CA
USA

KTM

990 Adv, XR650L

Posted - 04/21/2016 :  8:36 AM
quote:
Originally posted by AaronC

I really don't understand this mentality at all.
I can usually accept most other bikes, but any of the 700cc bikes from the 80's definitely fall in the the "your bike sucks" category. Especially the Magna.

I'm "mostly" kidding here.
Go to Top of Page

bachman1961
Male Advanced Member
2263 Posts
[Mentor]

colorado springs, co
USA

Honda

CB750 NightHawk

Posted - 04/21/2016 :  11:14 AM
I figure anyone happy with what they ride has completed Job #1. I like nothing more than to think the people I see riding and grinning are enjoying what they have and the ride itself.

The alternative is;

They are laughing at me.
Go to Top of Page

magnaman
Male Standard Member
107 Posts

lake bluff, il
USA

Honda

Magna 700

Posted - 04/22/2016 :  8:18 PM
quote:
I can usually accept most other bikes, but any of the 700cc bikes from the 80's definitely fall in the the "your bike sucks" category. Especially the Magna.
And this coming from someone riding a KTM.

Well actually, if it isn't an 84 Honda Magna 700 it isn't really a motorcycle.
Go to Top of Page

bachman1961
Male Advanced Member
2263 Posts
[Mentor]

colorado springs, co
USA

Honda

CB750 NightHawk

Posted - 04/22/2016 :  10:56 PM

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.86 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05