(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Trip Reports
 3 days, 987 miles eastern Oregon and Washington ride
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

onthebeach
Male Standard Member
109 Posts

Arch Cape, Oregon
USA

Suzuki

V-Strom 650 ADV

Posted - 06/28/2016 :  11:43 AM                       Like
I just returned from a 3 day ride covering 987 miles:
Portland, Oregon to Baker City, Oregon
Baker City, Oregon to Lewiston, Idaho
Lewiston, Idaho to Portland, Oregon.

Trip report here:
http://www.archcape.com/events/2016...p/index.html

gymnast
4263 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, Idaho
USA

Harley-Davidson

Sportster Sport

Posted - 06/28/2016 :  6:52 PM
Looks like you hit the weather just about right. It was hotter than the hinges of Hades here in Boise today, 102 degrees and more of the same tomorrow and into next week.
Go to Top of Page

bachman1961
Male Advanced Member
2263 Posts
[Mentor]

colorado springs, co
USA

Honda

CB750 NightHawk

Posted - 07/07/2016 :  6:50 PM
Nice trip and write-up. I always enjoy these since I don't get out for longer distance trips but still enjoy following the photos and info that others detail.

Those 300 mile days would no doubt be my limit or maybe a bit past comfortable cruising pleasure as my bike buzzes a bit at highway speeds (5-speed 750cc). I do have soft bags though and I like the idea that if an opportunity comes up, I could make do with the bike as is for a few days jaunt and within comfort range each day.

I've experienced some 6 to 7 hour 200 - 250 mile partial day rides and had fun without feeling drained after working the night shift so I feel like there is some hope I'm not too old or under-biked. Thanks for sharing the info and write up!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 2.65 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05