(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Campfire chat
 Country Caution
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

commonground
Male Standard Member
155 Posts

Windsor, PA
USA

Yamaha

V Star 1300

Posted - 08/10/2016 :  7:30 PM                       Like
Last night we had a pretty good thunderstorm with some small hail. Most of the storm went South of us. This morning I went for my Sunday morning church ride. I call it that because I do that in lieu of going to church. I headed out to the South down PA route 425. It's like a mini "tail of the dragon". There are several blind curves where sight distance is limited to about 20 to 30 feet and very hilly. I knew to expect anything going around the curves after a storm.

I rounded one of the curves and my lane was completely blocked by a tree top that had blown over in the wind. It was hanging on the electrical wires. Another stretch of road was completely covered with with fresh green leaves probably knocked off by hail. Limbs and other debris were scattered everywhere. I rounded another curve and found my side of the road totally blocked by another fallen tree. To add to the mess, just about every driveway that sloped toward the road had washed gravel out into the road.

I made it through the 17 mile stretch without incident and then went on to my coffee and doughnut destination another 15 miles down the road. When I came back, I thought about taking another route but, couldn't resist the challenge of going back through the "mini dragon". Nothing had changed other than, a utility vehicle was working on one of the blow downs.

Oh yeh, I also encountered Amish buggies gong to church and plenty of horse exhaust.

This is country riding and country caution needs to be exercised.
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05