(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 General Discussion
 Repsol Honda - Under two million
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6886 Posts
[Mentor]

Pleasanton, CA
USA

KTM

990 Adv, XR650L

Posted - 02/23/2017 :  4:21 PM                       Like
On vacation I saw this ad in a subway of whatever country I was in at the time. You can get a CB190R Repsol edition for just $1,990,000!

Those are pesos. In that particular country it translates to about $3060.00 USD.

I'm not sure if I actually saw one of those on the street or not. I'll leave it as an exercise for the user to figure out what country has so many pesos per dollar.

bachman1961
Male Advanced Member
2263 Posts
[Mentor]

colorado springs, co
USA

Honda

CB750 NightHawk

Posted - 02/26/2017 :  12:06 AM
Barcelona ?

I'd sure never make the mistake of getting on bathroom scales there as I can only imagine the conversion could possibly reveal a metric so overwhelming (probably not peso though) I'd vapor lock looking at the readout.
Go to Top of Page

Horse
263 Posts

Newbury, Berkshire
United Kingdom

BMW

R850RT

Posted - 02/26/2017 :  7:54 AM
Spain is in European 'Eurozone', so any prices advertise there will be in Euros.
Go to Top of Page

gymnast
4263 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, Idaho
USA

Harley-Davidson

Sportster Sport

Posted - 02/26/2017 :  2:23 PM
While you are correct that in Spain the currency is the Euro, the price is stated with a $ sign, not a Euro sign. So, tell us Scott, where's Waldo?
Go to Top of Page

greywolf
Male Moderator
1492 Posts
[Mentor]

Evanston, IL
USA

Suzuki

DL650AL2

Posted - 02/26/2017 :  3:18 PM
I was thinking Central or South America.

http://www.xe.com/symbols.php list the $ sign as being used for the peso in Chile, Argentina, Columbia and Mexico. I'd bet on Mexico as I remember Scott writing about riding there except I looked up exchange rates. The Chilean peso is the only one in the ball park.
Go to Top of Page

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6886 Posts
[Mentor]

Pleasanton, CA
USA

KTM

990 Adv, XR650L

Posted - 02/26/2017 :  7:11 PM
The best hint is right in the photo, in the lower left corner: honda.cl
Go to Top of Page

greywolf
Male Moderator
1492 Posts
[Mentor]

Evanston, IL
USA

Suzuki

DL650AL2

Posted - 02/27/2017 :  8:56 AM
I wouldn't have known whether .cl meant Chile, Columbia or something else. Besides, it looked like a .ct for some reason.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05