(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Polls
 What Percentage of Riders Have the "M"?
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

OldTbone
Male Senior Member
273 Posts

The Coastal Bend Area, TX
USA

Harley-Davidson

FLTR Road Glide '02

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  5:14 PM   DetailDetail                        Like
Poll Question:
This topic was recently a discussion thread in the General Discussion section of the forums here, wondering how many U.S. riders possess the "M" (motorcycle) classification on their operators license. I am curious as to how many members/visitors here on James' board actually have the "M" (or its equivalent). Perhaps others are curious as well?

Results:
I have it , AND I obtained the "M" BEFORE I began operating a m/c on public streets.   [66%] 92 votes 
I have it now, but I DID NOT get it before I began operating a m/c on public streets.   [29%] 41 votes 
No, I do NOT have it, but I don't plan to operate a m/c until I get it.   [3%] 4 votes 
No, I don't have it, and I don't plan to get it. I do/will operate a m/c without legal authorization   [1%] 2 votes 
= Guests (64 votes)

Poll Status: Closed  »»   Total Votes: 139 counted  »»   Last Vote: 10/05/2008 7:29 PM 

Edited by - OldTbone on 07/05/2008 5:56 PM

Thom Thumb
Advanced Member
1594 Posts
[Mentor]

Jordan, MN
USA

Harley-Davidson

Sportster XL883

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  8:35 PM
I started with a motorcycle learner's permit, and got the full motorcycle endorsement the same summer. Never rode without some type of license.

TT
Go to Top of Page

smmoleski
Male Junior Member
71 Posts

Golden, CO
USA

(None)

Posted - 07/15/2008 :  4:56 PM
I opperated a motorcycle once in Belgium and a few times in my buddy's neighborhood before getting my 'M.' However, before I actually get my own bike and use it as a mode of transportation on a regular basis, I had planned on getting my licence. I generally like to not break laws.
Go to Top of Page

sixsigma
Male Advanced Member
801 Posts

Toronto, Ontario
Canada

Suzuki

Marauder vz 805

Posted - 07/15/2008 :  5:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by OldTbone

This topic was recently a discussion thread in the General Discussion section of the forums here, wondering how many U.S. riders possess the "M" (motorcycle) classification on their operators license. I am curious as to how many members/visitors here on James' board actually have the "M" (or its equivalent). Perhaps others are curious as well?

It would seem to be either a two part poll (one for "U.S. riders" and one for the "how many members/visitors here on James' board actually have the "M" (or its equivalent)." or the presumption that all members/visitors are U.S. riders (A = B = C)

For the record, this Canadian has an "M" endorsement on his licence

Go to Top of Page

gymnast
4265 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, Idaho
USA

Harley-Davidson

Sportster Sport

Posted - 07/15/2008 :  6:15 PM
You left off a choice, or perhaps two. Or three

I have the M endorcement however the M endorcement did not exist when I started riding and was not required.

I do not have a motorcycle endorcement though I started riding before it was required.

I ride on a learners permit.
Go to Top of Page

Baggsy
Male Advanced Member
720 Posts
[Mentor]

Ottawa, Ontario
Canada

Suzuki

09 Wee

Posted - 08/30/2008 :  4:26 PM
I said yes, but technically I had my GM2 when I started riding on the road. That is after the parking lot test, but before the road test.

I've my Full GM now.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05