(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Polls
 Motorcycle Safety Tips Site Usability
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

sramassini
Male Starting Member
9 Posts

Williamsburg, VA
USA

(None)

Peer Review: Blocked

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  11:38 AM   DetailDetail                        Like
Poll Question:

Improving the accessibility of motorcycle safety information is a top priority of the Safety Tips portion of this site. The feedback you provide about your experience on the Safety Tips portion of this website (http://www.msgroup.org/articles.aspx) is crucial to making sure the critical safety information is passed to as many people as possible. Please take a moment to complete this short poll. This is one poll in a series of polls that will be used to analyze the Safety Tips portion of the msgroup.org website.

How often do you visit to the Safety Tips portion of this website?

Results:
First Visit   [5%] 3 votes 
less than 3 times per month   [33%] 20 votes 
more than 3 times per month   [59%] 36 votes 
I have never visited the Safety Tips page   [3%] 2 votes 
= Guests (11 votes)

Poll Status: Closed  »»   Total Votes: 61 counted  »»   Last Vote: 10/05/2008 7:29 PM 

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6888 Posts
[Mentor]

Pleasanton, CA
USA

KTM

990 Adv, XR650L

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  12:32 PM
After reading all of the safety tips three times, I don't see the point of reading them all again on a regular basis. After I've forgotten a few, I'll make another pass. Same with the Proficient Motorcycling books.

I'm also curious as to who you are, asking these questions about the site. You've only been a member here for two weeks and more than half of your posts have been polls like this one.

Care to introduce yourself?

----------Edit---------
Never mind. The introduction is here: http://www.msgroup.org/forums/mtt/t...OPIC_ID=8115

Edited by - scottrnelson on 07/11/2008 12:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

twc
Male Advanced Member
836 Posts
[Mentor]

Fort Collins, CO
USA

Harley-Davidson

Electra Glide Ultra

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  2:43 PM
I've read all of the tips several times and I think I've even contributed to one or two. I still go back and re-read tips from time to time (like we all seem to re-read Proficient Motorcycling), but my principal reason for searching them any more is to point new users to information, frequently detailed answers to questions they have asked.
Go to Top of Page
Niebor
Ex-Member

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  10:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by twc

I've read all of the tips several times and I think I've even contributed to one or two. I still go back and re-read tips from time to time (like we all seem to re-read Proficient Motorcycling), but my principal reason for searching them any more is to point new users to information, frequently detailed answers to questions they have asked.

Ditto! In the process I revisit the material, which is a good thing, right?.
Go to Top of Page
rioguy
Ex-Member

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  10:43 PM
When I find an especially good post, I print it out and put it on the back of the toilet for those leisure reading times. Pretty much all the tips are there.
Go to Top of Page

dfpd273
Male Senior Member
303 Posts

Princeville, IL
USA

Yamaha

warrior

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  1:36 AM
I love the randomly picked safety article. I find it a great way to review articles you may have skipped at first or just don't remember.
Go to Top of Page

bachman1961
Male Advanced Member
2266 Posts
[Mentor]

colorado springs, co
USA

Honda

CB750 NightHawk

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  2:41 AM

For me, the tips serve as a review process, help me relive the riding experience and be ready for the next one. My short commute to work offers me little in the way of building mileage / road experience so I am cognizant of my inexperience and review accordingly. The only time I would ever mention a tip to others is if I could word for word, apply the appropriate feedback from this site off the Safety Tips list... and even then I would encourage them to access it themselves to re-read and check out all the other tips.

I can understand the logic of someone who has a good memory, rides hundreds of miles a month, does the PLP regularly and commits the tip list to memory after 3 reads.... I'm sure that works for many. Of those that cannot or do not ride as regularly (pile on the miles), I think it is essential to cover these tips regularly as a supplement.

Kinesthetic learning is a important element in many physical activities and often times, for me to understand the nature of a process, I have to re-read it after experiencing it. Not all of the Tips mean that much to me until I understand the how's and why's. In these cases, reviewing the tips mean the difference between reading it and understanding / experiencing it. I think the term muscle memory is a good example of this type of learning process.

~ brian

Go to Top of Page

dmacfall
Female Starting Member
5 Posts

Palm Beach Gardens, FL
USA

Triumph

America

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  6:12 PM
I first found this site & the tips back in July when my husband got a motorcycle after being off one for probably 15 years. I read a lot, but as a passenger (read back seat driver) with absolutely no experience much of what I tried to pass along was considered annoying. Now, however, I have my own motorcycle and have spent the last week or so reading every tip and many postings in the forum. Being able to find a specific tip again easily will be a great asset to the site...thanks for all the work.
Go to Top of Page

Tburd
Male Senior Member
476 Posts

Waukesha, WI
USA

Suzuki

Boulevard S50

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  6:26 PM
Welcome to the site and to the sport Debbie. I hope you find riding enjoyable and above all safe.

Remember to ride your own ride.
Go to Top of Page

dmacfall
Female Starting Member
5 Posts

Palm Beach Gardens, FL
USA

Triumph

America

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  6:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Tburd

Welcome to the site and to the sport Debbie. I hope you find riding enjoyable and above all safe.

Remember to ride your own ride.

That is, indeed, a very valuable piece of advice. Hubby shares his experiences with me but, I have learned to store some and forget many others...thanks again to all who contribute here for their help...Debby
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05