(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Motorcycle Accident Reports - WITH COMMENTS
 On purpose?
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

Mikeydude
Male Advanced Member
742 Posts
[Mentor]

Ft. Worth, Texas
USA

Harley-Davidson

03 FXD Super Glide

Posted - 10/19/2015 :  8:48 AM                       Like
I just don't know what to say...

https://www.facebook.com/eric.sande...38559935597/

Sorry this is a Facebook video. There is a Fox 4 News story on this but the video has been edited down to just a few seconds. This is the entire video.

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6890 Posts
[Mentor]

Pleasanton, CA
USA

KTM

990 Adv, XR650L

Posted - 10/19/2015 :  9:10 AM
The latest viral video making the rounds.

I just don't understand the mentality that because someone is breaking a particular traffic law it's "okay" to do something dangerous to "teach them a lesson" or whatever.
Go to Top of Page

Mikeydude
Male Advanced Member
742 Posts
[Mentor]

Ft. Worth, Texas
USA

Harley-Davidson

03 FXD Super Glide

Posted - 10/19/2015 :  10:04 AM
I didn't realize it went viral already. This is local for me. The guy with the GoPro is a friend of my nephew.
Go to Top of Page

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6890 Posts
[Mentor]

Pleasanton, CA
USA

KTM

990 Adv, XR650L

Posted - 10/19/2015 :  1:04 PM
2.5 million views on Facebook already and I've seen other links separate from Facebook.

I would like to see something from local news organizations, and whether or not the driver gets charged with something worse than reckless driving.
Go to Top of Page

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6890 Posts
[Mentor]

Pleasanton, CA
USA

KTM

990 Adv, XR650L

Posted - 10/19/2015 :  2:47 PM
Link to more information: http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca...ra/74198878/
Go to Top of Page

rkfire
Advanced Member
1695 Posts

Stratford, CT
USA

Suzuki

Bandit

Posted - 10/20/2015 :  10:35 AM   Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
The car driver was arrested for 2 counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

The motorcycle rider was ticketed for passing in a no passing zone, and failure to have a valid license.

Only twice in my life riding a motorcycle was there any passing "issue". Both times passing same brand bikes, and they sped up as I passed. Made little difference to me, but, it was intentional. As in whacking the throttle open.

Naturally, my pass took more distance than it should have, even if just a little.
Go to Top of Page

rayg50
Male Moderator
2082 Posts
[Mentor]

NYC, NY
USA

Honda

Shadow Spirit 750DC

Posted - 10/20/2015 :  11:32 AM
The local news account here said the car driver (68) was claiming a spider or something bit his leg.

The station's legal analyst said the guy should reach out to the DA and come up with a quick deal because he is facing 2 - 10 years, and his spider excuse was not going to fly. According to the legal analyst all the DA would have to prove is "reckless".

Go to Top of Page

commonground
Male Standard Member
155 Posts

Windsor, PA
USA

Yamaha

V Star 1300

Posted - 10/23/2015 :  2:50 PM
Here is an interview with the driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzYyD-TJJfI
Go to Top of Page

Safe N Smiling
Male Junior Member
33 Posts

On a Bike Somewhere, Here and There
USA

(Unknown - Other)

Several Bikes

Posted - 10/24/2015 :  3:17 PM
The car driver has a long history of anger management and violence.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/s...0742961.html
Go to Top of Page

bachman1961
Male Advanced Member
2266 Posts
[Mentor]

colorado springs, co
USA

Honda

CB750 NightHawk

Posted - 10/26/2015 :  7:42 PM
I went to the go,fund,me page and there are a lot of comments regarding the danger the m/c operator put himself and girlfriend in by choosing to ride w/o proper gear and the illegal passing. Many do point out the hideous actions of the raging driver cannot be excused but again, it sounds like many familiar with cycling if not m/c riders themselves are holding to a higher standard so-to-speak. I think some wanted a place to vent their concerns or opinions and why they are not donating $$.
Dang, that was brutal though...
Go to Top of Page

commonground
Male Standard Member
155 Posts

Windsor, PA
USA

Yamaha

V Star 1300

Posted - 10/27/2015 :  4:26 AM
I agree, it was a very brutal incident and the driver of the car should be held responsible for his part but, we as motorcycle riders have to hold ourselves to a higher standard of safety and awareness. A higher standard of vigilance and caution are required if you intend to ride for any length of time. We are more vulnerable. IMO The situation reeks of disregard for safety of the rider and his passenger. I do hope they have a full recovery and have learned a very valuable lesson.
Go to Top of Page

rkfire
Advanced Member
1695 Posts

Stratford, CT
USA

Suzuki

Bandit

Posted - 10/27/2015 :  7:05 AM   Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
There's 2 lessons for me in this incident.

There are seemingly more drivers capable of road rage on the roads. Some almost seem to take on their own view of traffic law enforcement.

We often talk about what the vehicles around us are physically able to encroach on our path, but, this video goes to show the encroachment may even be intentional at times.

The other is, ESPECIALLY when carrying a passenger, obey the law, stick to the speed limit, make complete stops, ride in a vehicle free "bubble" as much as is practical, and just ride as though you're carrying precious cargo. Never mind things like passing in a no passing zone. Even in a passing zone, with a passenger, it had better be both safe and NECESSARY. It's hardly ever necessary though. Turn off that road instead.

Too often, the motorcyclist feels a need to show their passenger the thrill of speed and acceleration. They might not have signed up for that. Don't do it.
Go to Top of Page

Daddio
Male Advanced Member
775 Posts
[Mentor]

Calera, AL
USA

Suzuki

Bandit 1250

Posted - 10/28/2015 :  12:28 PM
Seems to me that the girlfriend of the rider has a negligence suit against her boyfriend. There is absolutely no excuse for the maneuver by the car driver. That was out and out a case of rage. I do think the rider does have culpability for the injuries to his girlfriend. He did attempt a pass of multiple vehicles across a double yellow line. Sorry, but I think he is as responsible for her injuries as the driver of the car. If he did not perform his questionable act, the driver of the car would never have had the opportunity to perform his.
Go to Top of Page

Mikeydude
Male Advanced Member
742 Posts
[Mentor]

Ft. Worth, Texas
USA

Harley-Davidson

03 FXD Super Glide

Posted - 01/11/2016 :  4:26 PM
He's been indicted....

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/01/09/...eo-indicted/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05