(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Trip Reports
  Our Yellowstone trip
 Vacation away from the bike
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

Daddio
Male Advanced Member
775 Posts
[Mentor]

Calera, AL
USA

Suzuki

Bandit 1250

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  6:31 PM                       Like
quote:
From scottrnelson
Ohhh, I want to do that. Too bad my wife doesn't like anything to do with motorcycles (but she's happy to let me ride them without her). My next vacation will be spent stuck on a cruise ship for a week.

Scott - I love cruise vacations and never felt "stuck" on a ship. Mommio and I are trying to schedule a cruise for mid October. We have been to Key West several times, but this is the first time I want to "Rent-a-Harley". I hope to ride over some connecting bridges and admire the ocean view between the Keys.

Cruising is about having your hotel following you. You also have an amazing restaurant following you. What you do between eating and sleeping is up to you. There are plenty of adventures, including riding available at your ports of call.

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6878 Posts
[Mentor]

Pleasanton, CA
USA

KTM

990 Adv, XR650L

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  7:02 PM
I'm unable to correctly specify the sarcasm - or whatever it is - when I used the phrase "stuck on a cruise ship". There is a good chance that I won't even think about motorcycles for a whole week. (I was sort of trolling for comments there, and you're the first one that "bit".)

I love to be on cruise ships. I just don't get on them often enough. When I don't like them is when I'm already in Hawaii or Mexico and a few of them pull up and unload thousands of tourists wherever I happen to be at the time.

So don't expect to see any posts from me for at least a week.
Go to Top of Page

Baggsy
Male Advanced Member
720 Posts
[Mentor]

Ottawa, Ontario
Canada

Suzuki

09 Wee

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  7:58 PM
Mine, God-willing, will be spent on an island in the U.S. worrying if the volcano will erupt. (cue the sarcastic eye-roll).

If I had a Cruise excursion do-over Scott I'd avoid the Tulum ruins in Mexico. That was the only one in which I was disappointed. Even the sea-kayaking in Haiti to the private beach where locals were desparate to sell you stuff, (boated in by the cruise line), was better. There was a pirate ship in Belize I think that the kids and grandparents loved.

Tomorrow I'll be watching the plane the plane at the air-show here:
http://www.cias.org/content/view/37/52/

Funny, today at lunch I could have swore I saw two F/A-18s fly by and they were grey.
Go to Top of Page

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6878 Posts
[Mentor]

Pleasanton, CA
USA

KTM

990 Adv, XR650L

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  10:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Baggsy

If I had a Cruise excursion do-over Scott I'd avoid the Tulum ruins in Mexico.
I went there last January, but on a snorkel catamaran. I thought it was a very interesting place. Chichen Itza was better, though. We were staying south of Cancun.

And I promise not to touch another computer for the next seven days.
Go to Top of Page

bachman1961
Male Advanced Member
2257 Posts
[Mentor]

colorado springs, co
USA

Honda

CB750 NightHawk

Posted - 09/05/2009 :  1:21 AM

Bermuda is a nice place to dock the ship if you are not into lots of island / port hopping.
If a tropical storm is nearby, they'll tug you in from the safer side of the corral reef to protect the ship.
The island has their own style of shorts, soft sandy beaches hidden from the busy areas and these little 'moped' things with pedals. Not quite the horse power you'll get from a brisk walk but walking vacations are far over-rated.

Of coarse all this could be different by some extent 26 years later and I guess I now understand why couples get divorced and then re-marry ...
to go on another trip like that!

~brian
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05