(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3487 positive of 3869 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Technical/Maintenance
 Clutch lever pressure
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

CappyBS
Male Starting Member
2 Posts

Gainesville, GA
USA

Triumph

2010 Thunderbird

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  4:42 PM                       Like       
Anyone have any experience with this device?

Moose Racing - Easy Pull Clutch System

Designed for use by the off-road crowd to facilitate 1-and-2-finger clutch operation, but I have reports of it being adapted for use on HD's and other bikes. My mechanic is "positive" that it'll adapt to my bike.

I am looking for something to help ease the pressure required to operate the clutch lever on my 2010 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 cc bike with these arthritic 72 y/o hands and wrists. I have already ordered a set of aftermarket adjustable levers and I'm sure that they'll help as well. I spend a lot of time riding the little back roads and "twisties" and it's becoming more of a problem every year that goes by.

greywolf
Male Moderator
1471 Posts
[Mentor]

Evanston, IL
USA

Suzuki

DL650AL2

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  6:47 PM
I tried it. It can ease the pull a bit. The thing is big and ungainly though and I hated the way it looked on the bike. If my wrist got worse than it is already, I'd use it or get a bike with a lighter clutch pull or a clutchless model.
Go to Top of Page

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6867 Posts
[Mentor]

Pleasanton, CA
USA

KTM

990 Adv, XR650L

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  9:35 AM
Anything that makes the clutch easier to pull also adds the risk of you not being able to disengage the clutch fully.

I had an aftermarket clutch slave cylinder on the hydraulic clutch system of one of the Ducatis that I used to own that was designed for an easier pull, and unless everything was adjusted perfectly, the clutch would drag enough that I couldn't get it into neutral when stopped with the engine running. I eventually replaced it with a stock unit to solve the problem.

Other than that, I don't know of any potential issues.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05