Did you make changes to the front page of the forum? It looks a lot different. Just want to make sure my browser is not acting up again.
James R. Davis
Posted - 03/26/2012 : 6:27 AM
I made a lot of small changes.
1) I got rid of the Motorcycle Tips and techniques brand name and its associated helmet icon - less clutter and a clearer All Things Motorcycle identification.
2) Moved the Board Karma stuff from a more middle of screen position to under the donation or subscription section - consistent alignment and allowed me to widen the menu area.
3) I replaced the orange subscribe button that was large and oblong with a smaller rectangular button with site standard coloring - freed up space and began a standardization of appearance effort.
4) I buttonized every main menu option - eliminated the underlined words used for URL links and gave the main menu 70% of screen width instead of the 50% it had before.
5) Took the RSS icon and buttonized it and moved it out of the main menu - none standard.
6) Moved Google ads from bottom of page to top under my own book ad - less space, more obvious.
7) I added color and buttonized the PayPal Donate link - standards.
8) I added a horizontal line between the header and the information specific page content - clarity.
9) Increased the font size of the site name.
When I say I 'buttonized', I mean I created a rectangular space to click on and added a white outline to the top and left of it along with a dark grey line on the bottom and right that suggests the rectangle is a three dimensional button.
I hope it is easier to look at and to find what you need with it.
F 800 GT
Posted - 03/26/2012 : 6:50 AM
quote:I hope it is easier to look at and to find what you need with it.
I think it is, looks less cluttered and the options are presented in a more organized fashion. Thanks
Posted - 03/26/2012 : 11:59 AM
Much improved graphically, easier to "navigate" and looks great.