(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3487 positive of 3869 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Odds and Ends
 Board Enhancements or Problems
 Forum Front Page
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

Axiom2000
Male Moderator
1761 Posts
[Mentor]

Georgetown, Delaware
USA

BMW

F 800 GT

Posted - 03/26/2012 :  4:46 AM                       Like
Did you make changes to the front page of the forum? It looks a lot different. Just want to make sure my browser is not acting up again.

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17248 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 03/26/2012 :  6:27 AM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
I made a lot of small changes.

1) I got rid of the Motorcycle Tips and techniques brand name and its associated helmet icon - less clutter and a clearer All Things Motorcycle identification.

2) Moved the Board Karma stuff from a more middle of screen position to under the donation or subscription section - consistent alignment and allowed me to widen the menu area.

3) I replaced the orange subscribe button that was large and oblong with a smaller rectangular button with site standard coloring - freed up space and began a standardization of appearance effort.

4) I buttonized every main menu option - eliminated the underlined words used for URL links and gave the main menu 70% of screen width instead of the 50% it had before.

5) Took the RSS icon and buttonized it and moved it out of the main menu - none standard.

6) Moved Google ads from bottom of page to top under my own book ad - less space, more obvious.

7) I added color and buttonized the PayPal Donate link - standards.

8) I added a horizontal line between the header and the information specific page content - clarity.

9) Increased the font size of the site name.

When I say I 'buttonized', I mean I created a rectangular space to click on and added a white outline to the top and left of it along with a dark grey line on the bottom and right that suggests the rectangle is a three dimensional button.

I hope it is easier to look at and to find what you need with it.
Go to Top of Page

Axiom2000
Male Moderator
1761 Posts
[Mentor]

Georgetown, Delaware
USA

BMW

F 800 GT

Posted - 03/26/2012 :  6:50 AM
quote:
I hope it is easier to look at and to find what you need with it.

I think it is, looks less cluttered and the options are presented in a more organized fashion. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

gymnast
4247 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, Idaho
USA

Harley-Davidson

Sportster Sport

Posted - 03/26/2012 :  11:59 AM
Much improved graphically, easier to "navigate" and looks great.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05