(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Technical/Maintenance
  Question for the Harley crowd ....
 Wow- thank you all !
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

bachman1961
Male Advanced Member
2263 Posts
[Mentor]

colorado springs, co
USA

Honda

CB750 NightHawk

Posted - 02/19/2013 :  9:48 PM                       Like
greywolf- Thank you for the input. Not sure what his motives are for the 'tune' so I left that to be as you say, either/or for economy or performance.
I guess the main thing I read from his email was his search for other pipes. I'll pass him the names of those pipes you mention- his concern is avoiding loud so he's on point with your thoughts too.

copozzir- I'll pass that along just as you stated! I think he'll appreciate reading anything related to other mods or experiences. Your feedback reminds me that most of us guys have to have a bit of a story to tell when we explain to 'the Mrs' why we bought that flashy chrome thing to add to the bike or sports car.

HaveBikeWT- Thank you as well for the specifics and a big welcome to you. His bike is in Michigan but I assume he has big travel ideas so it may be in a mode of ECU relearning as it hits various atmospheres.

HaveBikeWillTravel
Male New Member
16 Posts

Santa Maria, CA.
USA

Harley-Davidson

Softail Custom

Posted - 02/20/2013 :  8:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by bachman1961

greywolf- Thank you for the input. Not sure what his motives are for the 'tune' so I left that to be as you say, either/or for economy or performance.
I guess the main thing I read from his email was his search for other pipes. I'll pass him the names of those pipes you mention- his concern is avoiding loud so he's on point with your thoughts too.

copozzir- I'll pass that along just as you stated! I think he'll appreciate reading anything related to other mods or experiences. Your feedback reminds me that most of us guys have to have a bit of a story to tell when we explain to 'the Mrs' why we bought that flashy chrome thing to add to the bike or sports car.

HaveBikeWT- Thank you as well for the specifics and a big welcome to you. His bike is in Michigan but I assume he has big travel ideas so it may be in a mode of ECU relearning as it hits various atmospheres.

Bachman, thanks for greetings. Glad to hear he does not have to deal with Kalif. emissions standards & testing. The ECU adapts quite well to altitude & temps. Recommend American Iron magazine for good tech articles & info on HD's past & present. Good reading on those cold nites up there.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.69 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05