(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Technical/Maintenance
 Windshield needs altering
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

scweeeker
Female New Member
12 Posts

Wilmington, DE
USA

Harley-Davidson

Heritage Softail

Posted - 04/16/2013 :  2:43 PM                       Like       
Hi all... My question is are the Harley windshields interchangeable.. I have a detachable windshield on 05 Heritage. My problem is it's edge is directly in my line of sight. I either have to sit straighter or slouch down when riding. I just need to switch out the windshield not all the hardware or as someone suggested take the shield itself off the crossbar and put new one on. I see shorter shield on ebay for $52.00. Are these interchangeable ? I also thought about getting some one to cut it but that is becoming more difficult to find. Any one?
Thanks

Magnawing
Male Senior Member
281 Posts

The Woodlands, TX
USA

Honda

VF750C

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  7:55 AM Follow poster on Twitter
How long have you had the bike? I ask this because I had the same problem when I first installed my Windjammer but after a couple hundred miles, my vision adjusted to it. Now, I actually like having the option of sitting a little taller to catch some wind or slouching a little to get out of the wind/rain.

If it's a fairly new(to you)bike, give it a little while before you go making too many changes.

I can't answer the question of interchangability because I don't ride Harleys...not that I have anything against them, but my wallet does. I have less $ invested in my Honda & Kawasaki (combined) with all the mods and accessories than I would spend for a used, stripped down, base model HD.
Go to Top of Page

bkikkert
Male Advanced Member
847 Posts
[Mentor]

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada

Harley-Davidson

Ultra Classic '08

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  6:10 PM
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/

Put the question on the HD forum mentioned above. There is a lot of Harley experience there.
Go to Top of Page

rkfire
Advanced Member
1695 Posts

Stratford, CT
USA

Suzuki

Bandit

Peer Review: Blocked

Posted - 04/20/2013 :  8:36 AM   Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
Cutting down a shield is pretty easy. Mark and tape, a jigsaw, file or sandpaper for the cut edge.

There's plenty of "how to" articles online.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05