(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Trip Reports
 Tail of the Dragon video
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

Magnawing
Male Senior Member
281 Posts

The Woodlands, TX
USA

Honda

VF750C

Posted - 05/28/2013 :  1:43 PM Follow poster on Twitter                      Like
A buddy from another forum recently returned from a trip to the Dragon and posted this video from several days of riding. I am reposting here with his permission with one specific purpose...especially for our resident Rider Coaches...if you watch from 1:50 to 2:00, there is an excellent example of looking through the turn as viewed from a bar mounted camera looking at the rider's face. It also shows some good examples of apexing turns in a few segments. The video creator has given permission for it to be used as needed if you so desire...it's a YouTube video so I'm not sure if permission is really needed but I gave him the courtesy of asking before reposting anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...=DUpFWAzIYz8

Alabusa
Male Senior Member
254 Posts

Muscle Shoals, Alabama
USA

Suzuki

Extreme

Posted - 05/28/2013 :  4:25 PM
Good video and some good views of "looking where you want to go". Also, note his eyes never stop scanning. Very good practice to avoid fixating.

The following applies to the Dragon and a few other similar roads....back off the yellow lines in blind lefthand curves. Ride the outside to center of your lane as much as possible as it is common to meet vehicle straddling the center line. Especially big trucks swinging wide to make the corners.
Go to Top of Page

Magnawing
Male Senior Member
281 Posts

The Woodlands, TX
USA

Honda

VF750C

Posted - 05/29/2013 :  2:27 PM Follow poster on Twitter
quote:
Good video and some good views of "looking where you want to go". Also, note his eyes never stop scanning. Very good practice to avoid fixating.

That's the main reason I posted here...also, if you watch the guy on the yellow VMax (video editor), although you can't see his eyes, you'll notice that his head turns noticeably as he goes through the turns.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05