(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Questions & Answers
 Ask Our Administrators
 "Mentor" Status
Member  Question Next Topic     [To Administrators]  

kacinpa
Male Advanced Member
802 Posts
[Mentor]

Lansdale, PA
USA

Triumph

Sprint GT

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  6:12 AM                       Like
I just noted that under my username it says "mentor".

How did that happen? I have no idea what this status entails and my attempts to figure it out didn't help!

THANKS!
Administrator This Administrator provided this Answer to the Question

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17283 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  8:21 AM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
Apparently you just received yet another positive peer review vote on a message you posted on the board - a member found that that message was unusually valuable to him or her. That's not really unusual here, as you can see by the fact that the 'Board Karma' score is a very healthy 39. (3,383 messages that have been posted on this site have received a positive vote of the 3,763 votes cast - which is 89%, or 39 percentage points higher than a neutral 50%).

Of the hundreds of thousands of messages posted on the site, almost all are friendly, informative, possibly humorous, and ALWAYS factually correct, so it takes a lot to get a member to go out of his or her way and vote (for or against) the merits of a particular message.

While it is important to me to maintain (and measure) the general health of the board (what I call its Karma), it should be obvious that it's the members other than me who post the majority of these messages; and some of them are held in rather high regard based on the quality/value of their postings. Those particular members are known as 'Mentors'.

How does one become a Mentor? By having received at least ten (10) more positive votes than negative votes from other members. (Remember, the votes are cast on the messages, not the author of those messages - it is not a popularity indication.) That means that you can EASILY cease to be designated a Mentor by having another member vote negative on a message you post, leaving you with a total of votes where the positives no longer exceed the negatives by ten.

Congratulations, sweet talker.
Go to Top of Page
   Question Next Topic     [To Administrators]  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05