(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Trip Reports
 3 Months on Motorcycle
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

Magnawing
Male Senior Member
281 Posts

The Woodlands, TX
USA

Honda

VF750C

Posted - 07/12/2013 :  10:42 AM Follow poster on Twitter                      Like
This is not MY trip report however, the rider (Gabe) is a member at another forum that I frequent and my wife and I hosted them as campers in our yard for a couple days in NJ during their trip down the east coast. They are currently about 3 weeks into their trip and blogging the entire journey here...http://3monthsand2wheels.tumblr.com/

aidanspa
Male Advanced Member
1739 Posts
[Mentor]

Omaha, NE
USA

Harley-Davidson

Road King

Posted - 07/12/2013 :  11:31 AM
Thanks! Love these long distance journals.

Must be nice:

quote:
Traveling the US by Motorcycle!
We are Gabe and Ka- two peope who chose to quit our jobs, sell everything, and pursue our real passions! This first trip is only the beginning.
Go to Top of Page

onthebeach
Male Standard Member
110 Posts

Arch Cape, Oregon
USA

Suzuki

V-Strom 650 ADV

Posted - 07/12/2013 :  11:45 AM
That looks like an interesting adventure. I did not spot any contact information for them on the site. I am not a tumblr user, perhaps with that there is more information. I would like to send them a note and see if they are going to make it to NW Oregon on the trip. If you have an e-mail for them please pass it on to me.

I enjoy reading trip reports, long or short.
Go to Top of Page

Magnawing
Male Senior Member
281 Posts

The Woodlands, TX
USA

Honda

VF750C

Posted - 07/26/2013 :  10:38 AM Follow poster on Twitter
quote:
Originally posted by onthebeach

That looks like an interesting adventure. I did not spot any contact information for them on the site. I am not a tumblr user, perhaps with that there is more information. I would like to send them a note and see if they are going to make it to NW Oregon on the trip. If you have an e-mail for them please pass it on to me.

I enjoy reading trip reports, long or short.

I don't have an e-mail for them but, if you're a Facebook user, they are also maintaining a page there at https://www.facebook.com/3MonthsAnd2Wheels

correction...I went through my FB messages and I do have an email...I'll PM it to you.
Go to Top of Page

Daddio
Male Advanced Member
775 Posts
[Mentor]

Calera, AL
USA

Suzuki

Bandit 1250

Posted - 07/31/2013 :  7:16 PM
I went on their FB page and saw they had a mishap. Appears Gabe was stung by a bee that got in his helmet and stung him on the eye. They had a spill as a result. Luckily for them that the fall was minor - they were geared up and lucky. This brings to mind one of those reasons a rider may have a genuine accident.

It appears they will continue their trip. Good for them.

edit - I meant to add also that the pictures he is getting are absolutely beautiful.

Edited by - Daddio on 08/01/2013 6:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Magnawing
Male Senior Member
281 Posts

The Woodlands, TX
USA

Honda

VF750C

Posted - 08/13/2013 :  12:15 PM Follow poster on Twitter
Gabe is a member of the V4Musclebike forum that I belong to (that's how we met) and has given quite a bit of detail on the accident. He went down at low speed while trying to stop to get the bee out of his helmet. They did not have a windshield on the bike. All of the damage was covered by insurance and injuries were minor enough not to require medical attention. It did cause them to spend a couple extra days in Boone, NC which delayed their trip to the Tail of the Dragon, but they did make it there after repairs were completed and he did a few check rides to make sure the bike was safe to continue on.

As for the pictures, Ka is a professional free-lance photographer so she is putting her skills to good use on the blogs. The did receive some sponsorships from GoPro and a couple of other vendors to help defray some of the costs of the trip as well which is allowing them to provide some great footage of the entire trip and do so safely because one of the sponsors is a seller of riding gear. This entire is being done in ATGATT by both of them.

Gabe accompanied me on a Rolling Thunder Freedom Run in July and was asked a few times why he was wearing leather pants, a full jacket and full face helmet in 98 degree weather and he replied "because it's less uncomfortable than casts and bandages". That stopped the questions pretty quickly.

they are a great couple who are doing what many of us can only dream about and I wish them all the best in their travels.

Here's a link to his first hand report from the other forum...

http://v4musclebike.com/forums/show....php?t=11762

Edited by - Magnawing on 08/13/2013 12:22 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05