(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Rider Training Courses
 We Need to Get More Kids into Knife Juggling
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

gymnast
4267 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, Idaho
USA

Harley-Davidson

Sportster Sport

Posted - 01/05/2015 :  11:46 AM                       Like
Something like what you will find in the linked article was on my mind when I had to choose between the curriculum that I had developed at the Safety Center at SIU-C and the MSF curriculum that was mandated by the state. I decided to walk away and part company with SIU-C, the MSF, and their curriculum over 30 years ago. I have no regrets.

Motorcycle Safety Education Programs should not be used by the the motorcycle industry as a means of increasing sales or promoting motorcycle use. They should be a means of developing and facilitating rider proficiency with measurable goals and objectives of reducing crashes and injuries.

We Need to Get More Kids into Knife Juggling
http://idahostar.org/_blog/News_Roo...fe-juggling/

rkfire
Advanced Member
1695 Posts

Stratford, CT
USA

Suzuki

Bandit

Posted - 01/05/2015 :  4:51 PM   Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
I retired relatively young, and had for a while thought about become a motorcycle instructor. At the same time, I really never encouraged anyone to take up riding, as I knew it's a dangerous thing, and a personal decission. I'd answer any question as honestly as I knew.

Personally, I did not like the idea of teaching someone the controls, and how to navigate a parking lot, and leave it there. I'm not desparaging the Rider Coaches one bit, and I know they are a well trained, and dedicated group. I hope it's not taken in that manner. I did abandon the notion of instucting beginners.

Instead, I try my best to set an example, and offer tips to other riders. Funny enough, most aren't even brand new to bikes. Maybe that's my niche, the older and sometimes reentry rider.

Besides my own personal knowledge and experience, I find the Safety Tips here enormously useful. They cut to the point, precisely and accurately.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05