(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Motorcycle Accident Reports - WITH COMMENTS
 How'd He Do That
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

commonground
Male Standard Member
155 Posts

Windsor, PA
USA

Yamaha

V Star 1300

Posted - 10/05/2015 :  4:13 PM                       Like
I watched this video several times and was amazed at how fast the situation unfolded. He's a very fortunate guy. If he had been where that bike landed when it rebounded off the fence, he would be more than a little sore.

http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/ho...n-1734684554

Mikeydude
Male Advanced Member
741 Posts
[Mentor]

Ft. Worth, Texas
USA

Harley-Davidson

03 FXD Super Glide

Posted - 10/06/2015 :  12:15 PM
Looks like he did an endo to me. Somehow he locked up the front brake?
Go to Top of Page

bachman1961
Male Advanced Member
2263 Posts
[Mentor]

colorado springs, co
USA

Honda

CB750 NightHawk

Posted - 10/07/2015 :  8:54 PM
Strange indeed.
I slow it down and step it a bit at a time to try seeing some details. All I can pin down is either the rear wheel is starting to slide inward or the rear wheel is already unweighted and the bike pivots around the front end.
I can't imagine the rider in a panic, feeling the slide then grabbing a handful of front-brake but that's what it looks like.
Go to Top of Page

Safe N Smiling
Male Junior Member
33 Posts

On a Bike Somewhere, Here and There
USA

(Unknown - Other)

Several Bikes

Posted - 10/08/2015 :  8:15 PM
Here is a possible description.....

His weight was somewhat wrong as he came into the frame out of the left hand turn. He then shifts his weight (butt) but turns front wheel early initiating a rear wheel drift that then grabs for a bit launching a partial highside. Looks like at that point he went with too much pressure on the front brake and went over the bars. It was the partial high side due to rear wheel biting that started the bike going over.

At these speeds even a little imperfection leads to big trouble...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05