(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3488 positive of 3870 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Safety Gear
 Looking for a new Modular Helmet
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

SteveS
Male Advanced Member
1208 Posts
[Mentor]

Toronto, Ontario
Canada

Harley-Davidson

FLHTK 2012

Posted - 08/20/2016 :  2:55 PM                       Like
My old HJC (8 years) and my Nolan 104 are no longer wearable. Nolan is 'like new' but does not fit my oval type head well.

Was researching for a "quiet" and full featured helmet for oval heads like mine.

Seems HJC and Scorpion are suggested.
I recently tried on a Shoei but the fit is also a bit round like the Scherbuth and those two are quite expensive.

Anyone who rides a Touring (sitting upright) bike have experience with the top of the line HJC or Scorpion?

Both look pretty good, but my ears are getting quite sensitive to noise and want quietest helmet I can afford, i.e. may $400.

Suggestions?

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6890 Posts
[Mentor]

Pleasanton, CA
USA

KTM

990 Adv, XR650L

Posted - 08/20/2016 :  3:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by SteveS

Both look pretty good, but my ears are getting quite sensitive to noise and want quietest helmet I can afford, i.e. may $400.

Suggestions?

I suggest earplugs to help your ears. I have no opinions about this type of helmet, though.
Go to Top of Page

SteveS
Male Advanced Member
1208 Posts
[Mentor]

Toronto, Ontario
Canada

Harley-Davidson

FLHTK 2012

Posted - 08/20/2016 :  3:27 PM
Thanks Scott, use ear plugs always.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.89 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05