(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3457 positive of 3839 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Technical/Maintenance
 kickstart jamming
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

qr50
Starting Member
1 Posts

warrington, cheshire
United Kingdom

Peer Review:

Posted - 05/02/2005 :  1:01 PM                       Like
hi im new and i know you've probly all got superbikes well i aint and im needing some advice to get me on the mud again i recently got a dirt bike (a qr 50) which is suposed to be a small bike but ive changed into a big one replacing the exhaust frame and tyres but a couple of weeks back i turned it off at full revs by accident and by doing sothe kickstart jammed(don't ask me why)but when i take the bolts out from the chain cacing its fine and it springs back and kicks straight up but as soon as i tighten the chain cacing it locks up again if anyone has a clue please reply thanks

htdb33
Standard Member
167 Posts

somerville, al
USA

Triumph

Trophy 1200

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  8:38 AM
something is bent or busted inside. when you loosen up the casing it allows a little wiggle room. when you tighten it back up then everything must line up just right or it binds.

take it apart and examine the kickstart spline and associated parts for defects. replace as required.

Yankee Dog

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05