(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3456 positive of 3838 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Sharing of Lessons Learned
 Care of Drive Belts
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

BadaBing
Male Advanced Member
1196 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Harley-Davidson

Heritage Classic 04
Peer Review:

Posted - 02/17/2005 :  4:06 PM                       Like
Sean Addie had a great post about chain care. I ride a Heritage that has a belt. Are there any rule for care about a belt. The service manual just says to inspect for cracks or excessive wear. And how long do these things typically last?

Ciao,

BadaBing

River
Male Advanced Member
506 Posts
[Mentor]

Chippewa Falls, WI
USA

Kawasaki

Concours

Posted - 02/17/2005 :  6:27 PM
Heya BadaBing,
My '98 Savage runs on a belt too. They are pretty much indestructable- barring major isues of course. Here is an excerpt from a Savage owners group I am part of, from a biker in Australia.
< MY BELT HAS HAD 2 HOLE,S IN IT FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS AND IVE DONE ABOUT 10000 K AND SOME BIG TRIPS. THE HOLES WHERE PUT THERE BY A STICK AND THE SECOUND BY A STONE WHICH I DIDN,T RELIZE WAS STUCK ON THE BACK PULLY. WHICH YOU SHOULD CHECK EVERY TIME YOU FILL THE TANK WHEN ON A LONG TRIP . THE HOLES ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BELT WHICH IS NOT SO BAD . IF THEY WERE ON THE OUTSIDE I WOULD REPLACE IT STRAIGHT AWAY. THERE A LOT TOUGHER THAN PEOPLE THINK >
I've read in varying mags about the belt drive and its reputation for being pretty much maintainance free. So far, from what I've seen, thats true.
Hows the Heritage handle? They're a nice looking bike.
^o^
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05