(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3457 positive of 3839 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Technical/Maintenance
 Mechanical Question
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

Craig
Starting Member
2 Posts

USA

Peer Review:

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  11:17 AM                       Like
Ok,i just bought an 89 kawasaki that had sat for two years with no fuel stabilizer or being started. I had the plugs changed and the gas drained and it ran sweet for about two hours. Now it wont idle unless i give it gas and it has a horrible miss. Gas is even pouring out the exaust. Can anyone give me some advice.

md2lgyk
Male Standard Member
228 Posts

Harpers Ferry, WV
USA

Honda

Shadow VLX

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  6:22 PM
Sounds like your carburetors are gummed up. Or else something in the tank finally worked its way to a carb and a float is stuck. You should probably pull them off, disassemble and clean them good. It's not that difficult a job.
Go to Top of Page

marsam
Male Advanced Member
510 Posts
[Mentor]

Birkirkara
Malta

Yamaha

Dragstar & Vmax

Posted - 05/07/2005 :  1:40 PM   Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
The misfire is probably due to a fouled plu/s due to the excessive amount of fuel that is going into the motor. At this level of fuel flow you will probably find that much of it is also finding its way past the rings and into the crankcase. Check the oil level, it is probably too high by now and the oil is surely contaminated with fuel.

Have this problem sorted as you will not be doing the engine any good.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05