(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3456 positive of 3838 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 General Discussion
 Peg lowering kits
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

jes
Starting Member
1 Posts

Randolph, NJ
USA

Peer Review:

Posted - 05/25/2005 :  1:06 PM                       Like
I was told VH makes a lowering kit for the BMW Rockster. I'm no wizz on the internet and cannot find such a company. Anyone know where I can find?

jes

TedGamble
Standard Member
214 Posts

Murfreesboro, TN
USA

Honda

GL1800A

Posted - 05/25/2005 :  1:29 PM
Perhaps VH stands for Verholen.

If so, maybe try this:
http://www.sierrabmw.bigstep.com/ca...23%7C1294176
Go to Top of Page

jollyroger
Advanced Member
2157 Posts
[Mentor]

St. Charles, MO
USA

Harley-Davidson

Springer Classic

Posted - 05/25/2005 :  1:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by jes

I was told VH makes a lowering kit for the BMW Rockster. I'm no wizz on the internet and cannot find such a company. Anyone know where I can find?

jes

Try this:
www.google.com
When Google comes up, type in *bmw rockster lowering kit*
It'll take you there...
Go to Top of Page

Victory
Advanced Member
633 Posts
[Mentor]

Pawcatuck, CT
USA

Victory

10th Anny Vision

Posted - 05/26/2005 :  7:22 AM
Are you looking for a peg lowering kit or a bike lowering kit?
Kuryakyn.com makes some peg lowering kits.
Check into a club online for that BMW Rockster and ask the members.
Go to Top of Page

kiddal
Male Advanced Member
1561 Posts
[Mentor]

SE, Indiana
USA

Kawasaki

KLR650

Posted - 05/26/2005 :  10:22 AM
Since this is a safety-oriented board, I'll bite. Is lowering the pegs a safety hazard?

I'm not familiar with the bike in question. I assume a tall, dual purpose like I have could stand the pegs lowered a bit, but some of the shorter bikes couldn't. I think if I ever drag a peg, the wreck has already started.

Edited by - kiddal on 05/26/2005 10:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17378 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 05/26/2005 :  10:36 AM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
Yep, I tend to agree with that assessment.

Of course you can jack up the suspension a bit to overcome the effect of lowering the pegs. But it seems to me that if the reason to lower the pegs in the first place is because a person's legs are too long for the bike he's riding he would be better off finding a bike that fits him better than messing with the pegs and suspension.

I have the experience of having a world class metal shop design engine guards for Cash's first bike. The owner was a friend and I had no doubt that his work would be first class. Unfortunately, he was not a biker. When he returned the bike to Cash it was obvious. The guards looked terrific! But, they were too wide at the bottom and they severely restricted the lean angle Cash could get on her bike - they would hit the ground before her pegs!!

He, at his own nickle, redesigned those engine guards, of course.

The message here is that even good ideas need to be practical. Lowering the pegs might well be a good idea, but there are practical consequences.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05