(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3456 positive of 3838 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 How To ...
 Add-ons / Customization
 In-Helmet Voice Recorder
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

WSMeders
Male Standard Member
118 Posts

Columbus, OH
USA

Yamaha

FZR600

Posted - 07/23/2010 :  12:59 PM                       Like
So I am planning some long rides later this summer, and then a big one next summer, and would like to hook up some sort of recording device to the interior of my helmet.
I hope to be able to make quick notes about the area I'm traveling through, recording thoughts, names, places, etc.

I know they make in-helmet phone systems, but I don't need the earpiece side of it.

What I am looking to construct is a small lapel mic mounted inside the helmet opposite my chin (with a much needed wind-muff) and then run the wiring down into a pocket. What I hope to accomplish, using a voice activated recording setting on the recorder, is to be able to just start talking and the recorder kicks on, then turns back off when I'm done. That way there is no taking my hands off the grips/distraction.

Anyone ever attempted such a contraption?

Guildman
Male Junior Member
56 Posts

Dumfries, Virginia
USA

Yamaha

V-Star 650

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  6:04 PM
I've never tried doing what you want, but if I were, I'd probably find a voice activated digital recorder with an external mic input. Then, I'd probably get a pair of headphones with a mic on it. The mic could be detached from the headset and then mounted on your helmet. Connect it to the digital recorder and you're good to go.

On a different note, I got the Drift Action camera http://www.amazon.com/Drift-X170-Ac...03753&sr=8-7 Father's Day. Pretty cool, nice video, and has a remote you can mount pretty easily.
Go to Top of Page

vamvakou
Male Starting Member
6 Posts

NYC, NY
USA

BMW

Posted - 04/24/2014 :  11:15 AM
how has that camera worked so far? is it good?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05