(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3456 positive of 3838 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Odds and Ends
 How to use the forum
 Private Message Question
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

Donryu
Male Standard Member
193 Posts

White Plains, New York
USA

Harley-Davidson

Ultra Limited

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  4:47 AM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend                        Like
Is there a way to forward a private message to an external email address?

I'm a digital pack rat and as I was cleaning out my private messages wondered if I could simply forward them to my home email.

Thanks,
Steve

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6950 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, ID
USA

Honda

XR650L, 790 Adv R

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  6:38 AM
If I wanted to save a private message as e-mail, I would read the private message, select all of the text, cut it, then past it into an e-mail message to myself and I would then have a copy of it. Or just paste the results into a local text editor and save the file, not as an e-mail message. You'll have to edit the results slightly to format it if you want to keep the sender and date information, but you can easily keep the entire contents of the message.

I haven't done that with messages here, but I have occasionally on other forums. Usually I'll make one big file and put horizontal dividers (using "=====") between messages that I want to save.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05