(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3456 positive of 3838 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Wendy Moon Archive
 2005 Blog posts
 08-06-Making money, Pt. II
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

Moonrider
Female Junior Member
26 Posts

St. Louis, MO
USA

Honda

VFR 750F
Peer Review: Blocked

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  2:42 PM                       Like
Old dog, new trick

(Posted 08/06/05 - edited Saturday, Aug 06, 2005 15:40)

Face it: this ain't your Daddy's M$F.

This old dog has learned a new trick:

To make money.

It is rapidly abandoning what it has been since the beginning. It no longer is an organization dependent solely on the manufacturers' dues. And every year, it depends a little less.

Where it made no money, it is now making money. Where it made a little, it's making more. Where it sees the possibility of making money, it's moving into those areas.

M$F has become just another American Corporation. This ain't your Daddy's non profit, neither.

And M$F likes it alot, this making of money. It ain't gonna stop. In fact, it's going to do all it can to earn more money.

Smart people know that corporations don't give a damn whether someone's a drill sergeant, dinosaur or a bipolar megalomaniac. Just think of Leona Helmsley, Martha Stewart, Donald Trump, etc. etc. It's not about personality it's about the bottom line.

Corporations don't care about someone's sour grapes if it makes them wine. But if it doesn't, they'll use personality and grudges for the spin cycle.

You may have been taken in by the spin before, but that's why the financial data is good.

It takes the hype out of hypocrite.

That chummy arm around your shoulders? The better to get their hand into your pocket.

If you continue to think otherwise, you may be putting the dope into dupe or the suck into sucker.

The old dog is out to make money - and make it off of you.

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17378 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  2:50 PM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
This is a familiar theme found in many of Wendy's posts - she, it would be safe to say, was an anti-Capitalist.

It gets in the way of the other valuable material she presents, in my opinion.

I had a chat with her about this on several occasions. She couldn't 'hear' me on the matter.

I also had more than one chat with her in which I suggested that she quit using the M$F 'symbol' in place of MSF. Her research was aggressive and well documented, but her anti-MSF bias was so strongly on display that it turned off more than a few readers -- and not incidentally, a few would-be employers of her research talents.

It took a very long time for her to back away from the M$F 'symbol.'
Go to Top of Page

twc
Male Advanced Member
836 Posts
[Mentor]

Fort Collins, CO
USA

Harley-Davidson

Electra Glide Ultra

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  1:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by James R. Davis

It gets in the way of the other valuable material she presents, in my opinion.
That's my opinion, as well.

Only three names come to mind for individuals who share her level of passion about motorcycle safety: Harry Hurt, Wendy Moon and, of course, James R. Davis.

In Wendy's case, more than once she left me wondering, "How on earth did she find out about that?" Her contribution, within its domain, was exceptional. But I always believed that her contribution to motorcycle safety could have been magnified 10X had she but switched from 60 grit to 240 grit to make her point.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05