(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3446 positive of 3828 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Contrary Opinions
  Safety tip #112
 Double check -check
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

bachman1961
Male Advanced Member
2260 Posts
[Mentor]

colorado springs, co
USA

Honda

CB750 NightHawk

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  3:21 AM                       Like
I do think it's important to note that many riders getting a fresh tune-up and bike check-over from a 'shop', new tires or services that necessitate removal the tires report tire pressures they have double checked and found quite off the mark; Usually lower from most of my reading.

It's a good habit to be on your game with regular checks and possibly more-so when the bike comes back from other's 'hands-on' service.
I don't think of it as my being untrusting or wary of the shop. Minor mistakes or oversights will usually lead to dramatic events on a motorcycle and I consider it our duty to 'sign-off' on the work as much as we are able to give it a once-over.

Fluid levels, oil filter snug .. lights all working etc... Even if they just remove the seat, some wires or connections can be easily bumped or manipulated accidentally.

~brian
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05