(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3456 positive of 3838 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 How To ...
 Add-ons / Customization
 Mirror extenders
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

kacinpa
Male Advanced Member
802 Posts
[Mentor]

Lansdale, PA
USA

Triumph

Sprint GT

Posted - 04/22/2012 :  8:06 PM                       Like
I finally did something about the poor rearward and side visibility provided by the mirrors on my bike. No matter how I adjusted them I could either see beside me, or see my elbows.

I bought a set of "mirror riser extender adapters" for my bike on E-bay last week. They arrived on Friday and I put them on yesterday (while I was at it, I changed the oil and filter, cleaned and lubed the chain and tightened the battery connectors).

The change is dramatic. I can now actually see the lanes to the right, the left AND behind me! This is the best $25,00 I have spent on the bike! I only wish I had found these sooner.

bachman1961
Male Advanced Member
2272 Posts
[Mentor]

colorado springs, co
USA

Honda

CB750 NightHawk

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  6:37 AM
Admittedly, I changed the handlebars and mirrors on my bike somewhat for cosmetic reasons and discovered the bar-end mirrors and the lower straight bars made a significant improvement in the steering feel and the mirrors out on the ends were substantial in rearward view.
It's the one weakness almost all bikes I've ever owned or ridden all seem to have and I rarely meet anyone who isn't at least slightly concerned about getting tapped from behind.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.86 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05