(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3458 positive of 3841 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Polls
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

kiddal
Male Advanced Member
1561 Posts
[Mentor]

SE, Indiana
USA

Kawasaki

KLR650

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  9:56 PM   DetailDetail                        Like
Poll Question:
What is your gender?

Results:
Male   [86%] 59 votes 
Female   [14%] 10 votes 
= Guests (15 votes)

Poll Status: Closed  »»   Total Votes: 69 counted  »»   Last Vote: 10/01/2005 5:47 PM 

Edited by - kiddal on 10/05/2005 7:49 PM

GeorgeR
76 Posts

Austrian/Mexico, Mexico City
Mexico

Yamaha

YZF600R Thundercat

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  5:35 PM

ha ha...

I'm seriosly rethinking my vote on the "to many polls" qestion.

Perhaps you should have included "other" in this one, just for fun.
Hell what are all the martians out there going to select?

Go to Top of Page

BadaBing
Male Advanced Member
1196 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Harley-Davidson

Heritage Classic 04

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  4:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by kiddal

What is your gender?

Interesting to note that this poll just demonstrates that we need to do a better job in attracting more woman into the sport. As far as message boards go, there may be more men on this one(and one that I moderate on) but it is the women who attract the men to it in the first place. And it is the women who give it its edge and also a sense of decorum.

Plus who else are we going to flirt with?

Ciao,

BadaBing
Go to Top of Page

Gs82Seca650
Male Advanced Member
1990 Posts
[Mentor]

Southern, PA
USA

Yamaha

1982 XJ 650 R Seca

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  8:14 AM
LOL Badabing!!!
Go to Top of Page

kiddal
Male Advanced Member
1561 Posts
[Mentor]

SE, Indiana
USA

Kawasaki

KLR650

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  8:28 PM
90% male so far. About what I suspected. Does anyone know the actual percent of female riders in the U.S?
Go to Top of Page

Mydlyfkryzis
274 Posts
[Mentor]

West Milford, NJ
USA

Honda

1991 Nighthawk 750

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  9:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BadaBing

quote:
Originally posted by kiddal

What is your gender?

Interesting to note that this poll just demonstrates that we need to do a better job in attracting more woman into the sport. As far as message boards go, there may be more men on this one(and one that I moderate on) but it is the women who attract the men to it in the first place. And it is the women who give it its edge and also a sense of decorum.

Plus who else are we going to flirt with?

Ciao,

BadaBing

Bad logic assuming that because 90 percent of the voters are male, that 90% of the members are male.

I assume that women are smarter than us males and just don't bother voting on an inane poll !

The problem with all polls are that you really don't know why someone votes, why they vote the way they do, or if they really believe the way they voted. For all we know, some females voted as male, or maybe the 10% female vote is really only 1% female and the other 9% is actually "other".
Go to Top of Page

kiddal
Male Advanced Member
1561 Posts
[Mentor]

SE, Indiana
USA

Kawasaki

KLR650

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  9:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mydlyfkryzis

The problem with all polls are that you really don't know why someone votes, why they vote the way they do, or if they really believe the way they voted. For all we know, some females voted as male, or maybe the 10% female vote is really only 1% female and the other 9% is actually "other".

It's not like we're electing a president here. Wheteher the true percentage is 5% or 15% is not really a big deal. All the data I've seen so far looks pretty reasonable.

You've insulted at least 110 people by insinuating that anyone who votes in a poll is not smart. The board may need a "cynicism" score rather than a karma score.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.37 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05