(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3458 positive of 3841 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Polls
 How Far Do You Ride?
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

jollyroger
Advanced Member
2157 Posts
[Mentor]

St. Charles, MO
USA

Harley-Davidson

Springer Classic

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  8:22 AM   DetailDetail                        Like
Poll Question:
On a "typical" kind of ride (commute or leisure), how far do you usually ride?

Results:
0-10 miles   [4%] 3 votes 
10-25 miles   [19%] 15 votes 
25-50 miles   [21%] 17 votes 
50-75 miles   [21%] 17 votes 
75-100 miles   [13%] 10 votes 
100+ miles   [23%] 18 votes 

Poll Status: Closed  »»   Total Votes: 80 counted  »»   Last Vote: 11/06/2005 1:48 PM 

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17381 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  8:31 AM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
Jolly,

You had set this up as a multiple-choice poll in error. I changed it back to single choice for you.
Go to Top of Page

jollyroger
Advanced Member
2157 Posts
[Mentor]

St. Charles, MO
USA

Harley-Davidson

Springer Classic

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  8:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by James R. Davis

Jolly,

You had set this up as a multiple-choice poll in error. I changed it back to single choice for you.

Thanks..
It shows no poll chart in the preview box--I thought that was the fix--my bad..
Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6954 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, ID
USA

Honda

XR650L, 790 Adv R

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  11:45 AM
These polls are starting to get out of hand.

I don't think I can qualify any of my riding as typical. To get to work I ride about 2 miles. When I do lunch rides with friends, it's about 30. On a planned local ride in the hills it's 100-150 miles. When I plan a serious ride like out to Yosemite and back in a day like I did on July 30, 400 miles.

I think maybe it should have been left multiple choice.
Go to Top of Page

jollyroger
Advanced Member
2157 Posts
[Mentor]

St. Charles, MO
USA

Harley-Davidson

Springer Classic

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  11:54 AM
quote:
Originally posted by scottrnelson

These polls are starting to get out of hand.

I don't think I can qualify any of my riding as typical. To get to work I ride about 2 miles. When I do lunch rides with friends, it's about 30. On a planned local ride in the hills it's 100-150 miles. When I plan a serious ride like out to Yosemite and back in a day like I did on July 30, 400 miles.

I would think that a planned "event" ride would not qualify as typical, would it? Hence the qualifier...
It was actually sort of meant to mean those "Honey, I'm going for a ride" type rides...I wouldn't say a 2000 mile jaunt to Sturgis would be typical.
My next poll is going to be on shoe sizes--personally, I think the polling stuff is overrunning the board--I'm just playing along...
Go to Top of Page

marsam
Male Advanced Member
510 Posts
[Mentor]

Birkirkara
Malta

Yamaha

Dragstar & Vmax

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  1:34 PM   Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
quote:
My next poll is going to be on shoe sizes--personally, I think the polling stuff is overrunning the board--I'm just playing along...

Which is why I had suggested in another thread that Polls should be grouped together in a specific folder and in my opinion, Polls should be locked to just allow the vote to be taken but no other comments. What is the use of debating the relevance of each and every poll subject?

One can either cast one's vote or just ignore the poll if it is considered irrelevant or if it does not apply. That is maybe why it is important to put suggested replies like None or Not Applicable or to please Scott Won't tell in case of Age polls, as part of the options.
Go to Top of Page

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6954 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, ID
USA

Honda

XR650L, 790 Adv R

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  3:12 PM
I've seen some polls that had an "other" category that require an explanation. Maybe that would be yet another choice available to the person creating the poll.

Right now, I'm glad I didn't post the note (rant, actually) I had started to write (as a new thread) wondering when this poll fad would be over so we could get back to our normal discussions. I still think it's gotten out of hand, but I'm sure things will settle down within a week.
Go to Top of Page

vneal
40 Posts

houston, tx
USA

Honda

2005 GOLDWING

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  4:05 PM
Lets see.This Labor Day weekend I am riding from Mexico to Canada non stop in 24-36 hours. IRON BUTT
Go to Top of Page

OB
Male Advanced Member
529 Posts

Houston, TX
USA

Buell

1125CR and others

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  10:19 PM
I agree

quote:
Originally posted by scottrnelson

<snip>

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.78 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05