(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3458 positive of 3841 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Polls
 Motorcycle availability
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17381 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  11:16 AM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend    DetailDetail                        Like
Poll Question:
How many different motorcycles do you currently own or have the discretion to use whenever you wish to?

Results:
None   [4%] 5 votes 
One   [61%] 81 votes 
Two   [24%] 32 votes 
Three   [7%] 9 votes 
Four   [0%] 0 votes 
Five   [3%] 4 votes 
More than five   [1%] 1 votes 
= Guests (52 votes)

Poll Status: Closed  »»   Total Votes: 132 counted  »»   Last Vote: 11/08/2005 9:50 PM 

Gs82Seca650
Male Advanced Member
1990 Posts
[Mentor]

Southern, PA
USA

Yamaha

1982 XJ 650 R Seca

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  12:11 PM
Looks like I am in the majority on this one. I only own one bike at present. In the past I did own two, as sport bike and a cruiser, but it started getting too expensive to maintain both of them. I would love to own another Harley someday, or maybe a 'Wing, I think the 'Wings are really nice.
Go to Top of Page

Empressa
47 Posts

Markham, Ontario
Canada

Kawasaki

250 Ninja

Posted - 08/15/2005 :  12:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by James R. Davis

How many different motorcycles do you currently own or have the discretion to use whenever you wish to?

Interesting poll, I own 1 bike myself and can ride it as I wish. However Hubby who owns his R1, has the discretion to ride my Ninja as needed. So while I can only ride 1 bike, he can ride 2!

Of course he's a very experienced rider and I'm just a newbie. I couldn't even get one foot comfortably flat on the ground on the R1. So that reasoning alone is good enough to keep me off the big bike.

Julia
Go to Top of Page

Mikey
Male Senior Member
287 Posts

Benton, Kentucky
USA

Harley-Davidson

FLHTCI/XL/FXDL

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  12:06 PM
It is interesting than there are more people polled owning or using more than five motorcycles than there are people with the use of four or five. Three must the the cutoff point for most folks due to space factor or income. If you have the bucks to own more than five, then you will probably have a dedicated building to house them in.
Go to Top of Page

Sunny Girl
Starting Member
9 Posts

Palestine, Texas
USA

Yamaha

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  9:50 AM
My husband and I recently purchased a beautiful black Yahama 650---what a rush it is to ride on the back with him! We're newbies, so still getting the hang of it! Looking forward to reading all of ya'll's comments from time on time on different subjects!
Go to Top of Page

marsam
Male Advanced Member
510 Posts
[Mentor]

Birkirkara
Malta

Yamaha

Dragstar & Vmax

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  12:57 PM   Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
Hello Sunnt Girl and welcome,

Glad you've taken up this sport, however there is a lot to learn out there in order to be safe. Read along as many topics as you can over here. And by the way, I hope your Husband who is the rider, is also reading.

Enjoy yourselves and always ride safe and wear the proper safety gear.

Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

locopez
22 Posts

Folsom, Ca
USA

Harley-Davidson

FLHT

Posted - 10/09/2005 :  1:48 PM
This is an interesting poll& topic. Earlier this year I owned at one time 2 bikes & 2 scooters. One was my 03 Electra Glide (FLHT), 00 Buell Cyclone, 03 Honda Ruckus (50cc), and a 05 Honda Big Ruckus (250cc). My wife was very supportive of me keeping them all. But I just couldn't justify keeping them all. So I sold the Buell, and the little Ruckus. My only regret was not taking a picture of them all in my gargage at the same time.

Here is my dream...I play the lottery most of the time. If I win someday...I will be buying seven new bikes..mostly Harleys. I will get liscense plates for them all by the days of the week (Mon, Tues,etc). Boy that would be cool....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.37 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05