(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3458 positive of 3841 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Polls
 Poll on Polls
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

Duane
Male Advanced Member
863 Posts
[Mentor]

Buffalo, New York
USA

Suzuki

Boulevard C90T

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  12:02 PM   DetailDetail                        Like
Poll Question:
Are you getting tired of polls?

Results:
Yes   [32%] 11 votes 
No   [68%] 23 votes 
= Guests (2 votes)

Poll Status: Closed  »»   Total Votes: 34 counted  »»   Last Vote: 08/23/2005 5:55 PM 

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17381 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  12:30 PM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
Obviously there is currently a spate of polls as it is a new feature and members were encouraged to use it.

I suspect that polling activity will diminsh over time as new polls become more infrequently introduced.

You can simply ignore them if you are tired of them or, if you wish, I can create a member profile setting that allows you to totally ignore them (no visibility and no notice of any updates.)
Go to Top of Page

jollyroger
Advanced Member
2157 Posts
[Mentor]

St. Charles, MO
USA

Harley-Davidson

Springer Classic

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  12:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by James R. Davis

Obviously there is currently a spate of polls as it is a new feature and members were encouraged to use it.

I suspect that polling activity will diminsh over time as new polls become more infrequently introduced.

You can simply ignore them if you are tired of them or, if you wish, I can create a member profile setting that allows you to totally ignore them (no visibility and no notice of any updates.)

Perhaps it could go to another section of the forum--call it "The Polling Place"--where the polls are still present, but not overtaking the General board...just a thought.
Go to Top of Page

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6954 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, ID
USA

Honda

XR650L, 790 Adv R

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  3:15 PM
I was tempted to post an anti-poll rant as well, but reconsidered before doing it. It will all die out in a week or two and we'll be back to normal.

Meanwhile, the new software is getting tested heavily and all the bug should be worked out quickly. James has done a nice job of getting everyone to help him test it out.
Go to Top of Page

Indiana Randy
2118 Posts
[Mentor]

Fort Wayne, Indiana
USA

Honda

2000 Magna V4 750

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  4:29 PM
This is the funniest poll question yet! Thanks for the laugh!

My mother would say- 'Grumpy grumpy grumpy'

Reminds me of a business quote by someone I can't remember- The easiest way to go out of business is to try and please all the people all the time.

Ride safe!
Go to Top of Page

kiddal
Male Advanced Member
1561 Posts
[Mentor]

SE, Indiana
USA

Kawasaki

KLR650

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  4:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Duane

Are you getting tired of polls?

No way. I love statistics. I can think of a bunch more.
Go to Top of Page

River
Male Advanced Member
506 Posts
[Mentor]

Chippewa Falls, WI
USA

Kawasaki

Concours

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  10:36 PM
I think the polls are just ways to get us to talk (not that we needed help!)...
some of us (Kiddal, James, et. al.) do like the stats game, and some of us (myself included) like the dialogue it prompts.
This was indeed the best poll yet though! I can undeniably see the poll feature being a helpful tool once we're all done monkeying around with it
Thanks for keeping things (more) interesting James!
^o^
Go to Top of Page

Duane
Male Advanced Member
863 Posts
[Mentor]

Buffalo, New York
USA

Suzuki

Boulevard C90T

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  9:20 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Indiana Randy

This is the funniest poll question yet! Thanks for the laugh!

My mother would say- 'Grumpy grumpy grumpy'

Reminds me of a business quote by someone I can't remember- The easiest way to go out of business is to try and please all the people all the time.

Ride safe!

I tend to be cranky at times. Back in college I was voted "Most Disgruntled." I have the certificate to prove it!
Go to Top of Page

Duane
Male Advanced Member
863 Posts
[Mentor]

Buffalo, New York
USA

Suzuki

Boulevard C90T

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  9:24 AM
quote:
Originally posted by River

I think the polls are just ways to get us to talk (not that we needed help!)...
some of us (Kiddal, James, et. al.) do like the stats game, and some of us (myself included) like the dialogue it prompts.
This was indeed the best poll yet though! I can undeniably see the poll feature being a helpful tool once we're all done monkeying around with it
Thanks for keeping things (more) interesting James!
^o^

I'm an engineer. I love stats too when they make sense. Not all stats are worth while. I think hockey is the worst for the usless statistic. "Team A has never won against Team B when the moon is full and that official is constipated." Drives me nuts.

Duane
Go to Top of Page

Tim
Starting Member
2 Posts

Chandler, Arizona
USA

(None)

Posted - 04/29/2006 :  6:00 PM
This is the best one stop source of real information you can get, from real people riding the motorcycle.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.43 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05