(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3446 positive of 3828 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 General Discussion
 Gun Talk
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17286 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 12/12/2012 :  1:10 PM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend                        Like
There is an 'Off Theme' set of forums on this site that includes topics about guns. Because these topics are so far 'Off Theme', only a few of our members want to see or even become aware of those topics, let alone participate in them. Therefore, I've made them available only to members who 'opt in' to 'Gun Talk'.

Every member's Profile has been modified to include a new field called "Allow Gun Talk" which can be set to 'Yes' or 'No'. By default the field is set to 'No'.

In other words, if you want to participate in the Gun Talk topics, you must 'Opt In' by changing the 'Allow Gun Talk' field in your profile to 'Yes' (and clicking on the 'Submit' button). You need merely to click on the 'Profile' button near the top of every page. You will find the 'Allow Gun Talk' field at the bottom right of your profile page. Unless you opt in you will not be shown any of those topics.

This also means that no visitors will be able to see those topics as they are not members. Similarly, search engine spiders are not allowed to access those topics.

rayg50
Male Moderator
2082 Posts
[Mentor]

NYC, NY
USA

Honda

Shadow Spirit 750DC

Posted - 12/12/2012 :  1:47 PM
Excellent compromise!!

But I do not yet see the opt in option in my profile and Gun Talk is no longer visible in the Off Themes section.
Go to Top of Page

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17286 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 12/12/2012 :  2:04 PM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
I was putting final touches on the code.

It should work now.
Go to Top of Page

rayg50
Male Moderator
2082 Posts
[Mentor]

NYC, NY
USA

Honda

Shadow Spirit 750DC

Posted - 12/12/2012 :  2:13 PM
Yes, it does work now.
Go to Top of Page

Night Train
Male Advanced Member
1667 Posts
[Mentor]

Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada

Harley-Davidson

99 Sportster XL 1200

Posted - 12/12/2012 :  5:55 PM   Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
Excellent idea. Although I don't participate in the gun talk forum, I enjoy reading it and have picked up a number of pointers and some information as well. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6883 Posts
[Mentor]

Pleasanton, CA
USA

KTM

990 Adv, XR650L

Posted - 12/18/2012 :  11:56 AM
quote:
Originally posted by James R. Davis

Every member's Profile has been modified to include a new field called "Allow Gun Talk" which can be set to 'Yes' or 'No'. By default the field is set to 'No'.

I'm not seeing anything in my Profile that allows me to "Allow Gun Talk". I don't really expect to participate much there, but still like to read some of the posts.

I verified correct access to my profile by switching avatar images, but can't see the line that you've described.
Go to Top of Page

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6883 Posts
[Mentor]

Pleasanton, CA
USA

KTM

990 Adv, XR650L

Posted - 12/18/2012 :  12:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by scottrnelson

I'm not seeing anything in my Profile that allows me to "Allow Gun Talk". I don't really expect to participate much there, but still like to read some of the posts.

I verified correct access to my profile by switching avatar images, but can't see the line that you've described.

Okay, blue wording down at the very bottom right side. I'm not sure if I'm just going blind or if I needed to do a special page refresh to see it.

No longer an issue - please ignore.
Go to Top of Page

albert_tatlock
Male Junior Member
95 Posts

San Patong, Chiang Mai
Thailand

Honda

CBR250R ABS

Posted - 10/30/2014 :  7:50 AM
Nothing on my profile to allow gun talk....
Go to Top of Page

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6883 Posts
[Mentor]

Pleasanton, CA
USA

KTM

990 Adv, XR650L

Posted - 10/30/2014 :  8:26 AM
quote:
Originally posted by albert_tatlock

Nothing on my profile to allow gun talk....

The settings for mine are on the right side, all the way at the bottom.
Go to Top of Page

Texasphotographer
Male Advanced Member
896 Posts
[Mentor]

Copperas Cove, Texas
USA

Honda

2006 GL1800 Trike

Posted - 09/18/2016 :  9:33 AM
Have two granddaughters. My graduation present to the oldest when she graduated from college was a Glock 19 plus the concealed handgun class. Just two weeks ago, I bought the youngest granddaughter who lives with three other AGGIES a Glock 19. She will turn 21 in October and then will take the class. Meanwhile both go to the range regularly and have become proficient.
Go to Top of Page

commonground
Male Standard Member
155 Posts

Windsor, PA
USA

Yamaha

V Star 1300

Posted - 09/18/2016 :  11:04 AM
I heartily endorse your decision to teach your family to protect themselves and to be knowledgeable about guns. A couple years back I gave My granddaughter my Remington 670 chambered in .270 for deer hunting. My own children (son and daughter) were schooled in gun safety starting at an early age and hunted with me as soon as they were old enough.

Augie
Go to Top of Page

greywolf
Male Moderator
1484 Posts
[Mentor]

Evanston, IL
USA

Suzuki

DL650AL2

Posted - 09/18/2016 :  3:33 PM
I opted out but am seeing this thread
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.37 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05