(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3458 positive of 3841 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Polls
 Safety Gear You Carry With You
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17381 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  7:16 AM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend    DetailDetail                        Like
Poll Question:
Carrying space on a motorcycle is limited but there are a few things we should always have with us when we are riding - from a safety point of view.

Which of the following items do you carry with you on your bike?

Results:
Fire extinguisher   [2%] 3 votes 
Flares   [7%] 10 votes 
First-Aid kit   [37%] 52 votes 
CB radio   [12%] 17 votes 
Cell phone   [82%] 115 votes 
Jumper cable   [13%] 18 votes 
GPS   [9%] 12 votes 
HAM radio   [2%] 3 votes 
Drinking water   [41%] 58 votes 
LATEX gloves   [21%] 29 votes 
Extra Tools and stranded wire   [57%] 80 votes 
Emergency information tag   [33%] 46 votes 
None of the above   [9%] 13 votes 
= Guests (75 ballots)

Poll Status: Closed  »»   Total Ballots: 141 »»   Last Vote: 11/10/2005 7:57 PM 

kiddal
Male Advanced Member
1561 Posts
[Mentor]

SE, Indiana
USA

Kawasaki

KLR650

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  8:47 AM
Adding a "None of the above" option may be revealing.
Go to Top of Page

Jerry Godell
Male Senior Member
441 Posts

Kansas City, kansas
USA

Harley-Davidson

FXD SuperGlide

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  7:12 PM
I see that Cell Phones are leading at this time.
The local police deptartments are urgin that everyone put their emergency contacts in their Cell Phone under 'ICE'. (In Case of Emergency). Police and Medics are instructed to salvage the cell phone. Some one is supposed to check the 'ICE' contacts. They also recommend 'ICE1) (ICE2), ect. This is supposed to being going nation wide.
A cell phone might not survive some motorcycle crashes.
Cell Phones transmit where they are anytime that they are on. Many of the newer ones give you the choice of the exact location. For 911 or for just being on. Could be usfull for an off the road crash.
Go to Top of Page

Duane
Male Advanced Member
863 Posts
[Mentor]

Buffalo, New York
USA

Suzuki

Boulevard C90T

Posted - 08/15/2005 :  2:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Godell

The local police deptartments are urgin that everyone put their emergency contacts in their Cell Phone under 'ICE'. (In Case of Emergency). Police and Medics are instructed to salvage the cell phone. Some one is supposed to check the 'ICE' contacts. They also recommend 'ICE1) (ICE2), ect. This is supposed to being going nation wide.

I've seen this posted everywhere and I wonder if there is truth to it or if it is just another chain email. Even if it is not I opt for a emergency contact card since if my body is busted to the point that I am incapacitated then my cell phone is most likely busted up too. Besides I don't want those emergency workers burning up my free minutes!

Duane

Edited by - Duane on 08/15/2005 2:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

gtscpe
Standard Member
110 Posts

san diego, ca
USA

Honda

'06 Goldwing

Posted - 08/15/2005 :  3:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Duane

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Godell

I've seen this posted everywhere and I wonder if there is truth to it or if it is just another chain email. Even if it is not I opt for a emergency contact card since if my body is busted to the point that I am incapacitated then my cell phone is most likely busted up too. Besides I don't want those emergency workers burning up my free minutes!

Duane

for what's it's worth here is the snopes site re "ice":
http://www.snopes.com/crime/prevent/icephone.asp

Go to Top of Page

GeorgeR
76 Posts

Austrian/Mexico, Mexico City
Mexico

Yamaha

YZF600R Thundercat

Posted - 08/15/2005 :  5:17 PM

Hmmm, is it my imagination or are we missing the obligatory
tire puncture kit.....

Well at least I have one but....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05