(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3447 positive of 3829 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Aging and Disabilities
 I don't ride as much as I use to
Previous Page
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

rkfire
Advanced Member
1688 Posts

Stratford, CT
USA

Suzuki

Bandit

Peer Review: Blocked

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  7:27 PM   Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
Jerry, what about the r1200c in your sig?

An older friend had a r1150r and with bad knees, it was not working out. To make it worse, it had the low seat option.

I showed him an ad for a r1200c that he ended up buying. His knees are much more comfortable now.
Go to Top of Page

Axiom2000
Male Moderator
1761 Posts
[Mentor]

Georgetown, Delaware
USA

BMW

F 800 GT

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  8:20 PM
It was a very interesting machine that. I sold it a few years ago however and have never looked back. It was fun but I would not ever want to spend a lot of time on it. It felt very heavy the bars were to wide and it was just too low for me.

But like I said it was an interesting machine, got lots of looks and questions no matter where I went with it.

Go to Top of Page

Axiom2000
Male Moderator
1761 Posts
[Mentor]

Georgetown, Delaware
USA

BMW

F 800 GT

Peer Review: Blocked

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  8:28 PM
quote:
One of the more important things for me is seat to peg distance relationship. An upright position and a large knee bend angle (but without forward controls) are easier to handle. Check out bike ergonomics at http://cycle-ergo.com/ to start with.

Pat interesting site, very informative and helpful, thanks. The knee bend thing does not bother me as long as it is not real sports bike type. I am very interested in the amount I have to lean forward however, leaning forward too much seems to put a strain on my lower back and hips so I need to be as upright as I can be. I have never owned a bike at least not in years I did not have to install bar backs. We shall see, I have no intention of looking to buy something I would ever ride more than a few hours in a day really. I am interested in overall weight and how it feels I guess. Won't know until I sit on them ride them and see. You know how it is.

Jerry
Go to Top of Page

rayg50
Male Moderator
2082 Posts
[Mentor]

NYC, NY
USA

Honda

Shadow Spirit 750DC

Posted - 07/06/2013 :  7:09 AM
Ax, I was hoping your might give us an update, and a review of your new bike.

Go to Top of Page

Axiom2000
Male Moderator
1761 Posts
[Mentor]

Georgetown, Delaware
USA

BMW

F 800 GT

Posted - 07/06/2013 :  10:10 AM
Well she is almost broke in now and I can find nothing not too love about it. I installed a decent windshield and that made a big difference. I am getting more and more use to the riding position and think when I get the pegs lowered it will be just fine. I have done as much as 100 miles on it non stop with no problems. If I have any complaints it may be from the engine heat which is bad especially when stopped moving no problems, I may even like it in the winter. It reminds me of the RT save the weight and size which I have come to really appreciate. The brakes are fantastic the steering is light and quick the engine is responsive as any and the gear box is a dream. Sometimes I look forward to shifting just because it feels so nice. I have no regrets and would not hesitate buying it again or recommending one to someone looking for a light quick ez to handle machine. I doubt it's ability to be a good two up bike but that may surprise me, It has plenty of luggage space but the passenger may be cramped. Looking forward to racking up lots of miles on her. One small problem is an apparent small coolant leak not bad and I will get that fixed at the first dealer service.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05