(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3447 positive of 3829 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Aging and Disabilities
 A birthday story
Previous Page
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Axiom2000
Male Moderator
1761 Posts
[Mentor]

Georgetown, Delaware
USA

BMW

F 800 GT

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  3:14 PM
quote:
My goal is to be shooting in the 70's before the first snowfall. But you know the good thing is If I don't I don't really care, I am going to just enjoy the journey.

Tuesday will be the 2 month aniversary of my golf course heart attack. My goal as stated was to get my game back in the same shape it was before that eventful day. It has been lot of work, I have exercised, doing a lot of leg and core strength work, followed by hours of hitting balls on the range and countless hours chipping and putting.

I guess hard work pays off Today I shot a 4 over 76 on a tough course playing 6400 yards from the white Tees. The last hole is a 529 yard par 5 after smoking a drive 270 I hit 5 wood 60 yards short of the green and then a flop wedge 30 feet from the hole. I knew I was doing well but figured I needed a par or birdie to seal the deal, Missed the damn birde put but had a tap in for par and let out a Whoop I know could be heard for miles.I have had many exciting moments on a golf course but none as ever satisfying as today.
Go to Top of Page

greywolf
Male Moderator
1484 Posts
[Mentor]

Evanston, IL
USA

Suzuki

DL650AL2

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  4:09 PM
Good for you. Where's the high five emoticon?
Go to Top of Page

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17295 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  4:31 PM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
Bravo! Stay with it and keep us posted.

Walking and golf - an appropriate experience I had a long time ago when I was with IBM in New York was my addiction to golf at the time. We had a course (Kingston, I think) that had major hills to have to deal with. None of us would use a caddy, some of us didn't even have a cart, so we lugged our bags from shot to shot.

I was golfing with a friend, a doctor, so I asked him if golf was good exercise for the heart. His response: "Walking is good for the heart. Golfing screws up a good walk."

I refused to ask him about motorcycling.
Go to Top of Page

greywolf
Male Moderator
1484 Posts
[Mentor]

Evanston, IL
USA

Suzuki

DL650AL2

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  8:17 PM
If you want to play golf for exercise, play for the shortest time rather than the fewest strokes, and no cart or caddy.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05