(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3456 positive of 3838 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 General Discussion
 Traffic Tactics: Left-Turning Vehicles
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6949 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, ID
USA

Honda

XR650L, 790 Adv R

Posted - 08/23/2013 :  10:28 AM                       Like
I thought I would share a well written safety article that appeared on another forum. It was written by DataDan a few years ago, who I think occasionally posts here, but I don't remember seeing this one here. I'll make no claims for the many replies to that article, but the original article is worth reading:

http://tinyurl.com/k5l2j9s

D R
Advanced Member
1053 Posts
[Mentor]

Northern, Virginia
USA

BMW

R1200RT

Posted - 08/23/2013 :  7:11 PM
Great article Scott. Thanks for the link. My Son-in-Law just purchased a GS. I'll make sure he reads it.

(...typo corrected...)

Edited by - D R on 08/23/2013 8:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

alaskaal
Male Junior Member
38 Posts

Chugiak, Alaska
USA

Kawasaki

Vulcan Classic 1500

Posted - 08/23/2013 :  7:16 PM
I agree, this is a very interesting article. I have a habit of watching those motorcycle crash compilations on You Tube and excessive motorcycle speed appears to me to be a common factor. I would also be interested in knowing what factor alcohol use plays. Studies that I have read show it to be an additional factor quite often.
Go to Top of Page

greywolf
Male Moderator
1484 Posts
[Mentor]

Evanston, IL
USA

Suzuki

DL650AL2

Posted - 08/23/2013 :  7:50 PM
Motorcyclists who don't know how to brake properly also contribute to the statistics.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05