(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3458 positive of 3841 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Polls
 Do you CHOOSE to wear a helmet?
Previous Page
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

travismhood
64 Posts

american canyon, ca
USA

Yamaha

xs750 sf

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  11:26 PM
Calif-f'n-fornia. What ever happened to freedom? Unless I'm feeling unlucky. I'd chance a crushed mellon to feel as one with nature. I also respect that others may feel contrary or think I've already hit my head. those crazy 90MPH white line riders puzzle me. But it's your business, not big brothers. Who voted our rights away? or was it just to increase government ticket revenue?
Go to Top of Page

kiddal
Male Advanced Member
1561 Posts
[Mentor]

SE, Indiana
USA

Kawasaki

KLR650

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  10:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by travismhood

Unless I'm feeling unlucky. I'd chance a crushed mellon to feel as one with nature.

I wish I had the omniscience to "feel" when my luck was running low. I am, unfortunately, not as blessed.
Go to Top of Page

jimvw57
21 Posts

Red Wing, MN
USA

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  5:32 PM
Guess my "thinning the herd" remark on wearing helmets struck a bad chord with the powers that be. Shortly afterwards, I fell prey to the 'sand in the road demon' and dumped my goldwing while exiting the highway. After some quick guessing, I did go down and the helmet is now permanently engraved with lots of scratches. I felt my head bounce 3 times before skidding to a stop. I am convinced that the helmet and the fact that I was riding a Goldwing saved my life. I didn't survive without some battle scars, A broken collar bone and 3 fractured ribs, and MINIMAL road rash. The bike lost the windshield, a Hiway floorboard and a small amont of gel coat on the faring. Say what you want. I am still in favor of wearing a helmet and always will. I choose to wear a helmet and I thank the Helmet Fairy that it was there. Bike repairs... $400.. Medical so far...$9000. Imagine what it could have been without a helmet.........
Go to Top of Page

travismhood
64 Posts

american canyon, ca
USA

Yamaha

xs750 sf

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  10:17 PM
Glad that you're gonna be okay. Be good to those ribs. I've got two poking at my lung because I was a tough guy and did not let them heal.

I guess it's a good thing that I live in a state where there's people to make me use a brain bucket.. It's not worth moving back to Kansas over.

I still think that the law borderes on imposed morality and these things slowly snoball into totalitarianism.

I encurage new riders to use a full-face from the git go because I understand how hard it is to give up the old bad habits once you've tasted the comfort of free will.

Gold Wings should have seat belts and roll cages. I heard that the new one is getting an air bag. No kidding.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05