(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3456 positive of 3838 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 How To ...
 Add-ons / Customization
 GPS based GoPro camera control for Android
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

JanK
Male Junior Member
89 Posts

Ljubljana, Ljubljana
Slovenia

BMW

R1200R

Posted - 04/28/2014 :  3:53 AM                       Like
I've recently bought a GoPro camera to make videos of my rides. But most of my usual routes through twisties include boring towns and indeed, to get to interesting places I usually take the highway. I've hated the fact that I need to get off my motorbike to turn on the camera on and off to save power while riding through uninteresting bits.

So I've written an Android app that enables handsfree control of the camera. The idea is to set up in advance the points at which you wish to start and stop recordings, put the device in your pocket and forget about it. The device then uses GPS to monitor your position and turns the camera on/off at these points.

The GoPro GPS app is available in the Google Play store and it's free https://play.google.com/store/apps/...lin.goprogps. Anyone interested is invited to check it out. And comments are, of course, welcome.

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6950 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, ID
USA

Honda

XR650L, 790 Adv R

Posted - 04/28/2014 :  8:20 AM
Some riders around here count on their GoPro cameras to document any accidents that they might be involved in. They'll record the whole ride, then when nothing happens they'll delete it. You can't plan in advance where something like that will happen.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 1.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05