(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3446 positive of 3828 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Trip Reports
 1943 miles in Oregon, Nevada, California
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

onthebeach
Male Standard Member
109 Posts

Arch Cape, Oregon
USA

Suzuki

V-Strom 650 ADV

Posted - 08/15/2014 :  5:14 PM                       Like
This July I made an 8 day trip starting in Portland, Oregon and exploring some of Northern Nevada and Northern California. There were 7 days of riding my Suzuki V-Strom 650 and one non-riding day. That averages about 277 miles each riding day with a high of 343 miles one day and a low of 155 miles another.

I experienced good weather - though pretty hot at times. The bike performed perfectly and there were no mishaps on the trip. I rode a couple amazing roads (highway 88 and highway 4) in the California mountains near Tahoe. And of course the well-known highway 36 from Red Bluff to the coast with 140 miles of curves.

This is a trip I have been wanting to take for a couple years. I had a great time and hope to visit some of these roads again. The V-Strom was a good bike for the twisty roads I was exploring.

I wrote up a trip report with maps and photos which can be found here:
http://www.archcape.com/events/2014...h/index.html
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05