(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3459 positive of 3842 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Off Theme
 Bitcoins
 Sometimes people need a real-world example for it to make sense
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17396 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 03/24/2015 :  7:01 PM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend                        Like
Today, I decided to buy something that was advertised on eBay for $545. The listing showed that the seller was willing to accept payment in bitcoins.

I recognized that if I had paid through eBay, that company would take a 'fee' (commission) on the sale, and that eBay provides no ability to pay using bitcoins.

So, I emailed the seller and asked a simple question: "Since I'm willing to pay you with bitcoins and eBay cannot handle the transaction, you will not have to pay eBay for the transaction, so what discounted price will you charge me for the device, including shipping charges?"

Mind you that I have done business with this person before. I say that because bitcoin transactions are not reversible.

His response: 1.7 BTC, shipped, if sent within the next 24 hours.

1.7 BTC, at today's price of $245.42 per bitcoin is $417.21.

I made the deal, sent him the bitcoins (which he received within an hour of my sending them) and SAVED $127.79 that's a savings of more than 23%!!!!

Get it? See where all the advantages are (to both buyer and seller)?
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05