(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3458 positive of 3841 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Polls
 What type of bike do you ride?
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

kiddal
Male Advanced Member
1561 Posts
[Mentor]

SE, Indiana
USA

Kawasaki

KLR650

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  12:04 AM   DetailDetail                        Like
Poll Question:
How would you classify your primary motorcycle?

Results:
Cruiser   [56%] 65 votes 
Standard/Naked   [10%] 12 votes 
Sport   [7%] 8 votes 
Touring   [8%] 9 votes 
Sport-Touring   [9%] 11 votes 
Dual Purpose   [3%] 4 votes 
Scooter   [4%] 5 votes 
Moped   [1%] 1 votes 
Trike   [0%] 0 votes 
Dirt-Only   [0%] 0 votes 
Other   [1%] 1 votes 
None   [0%] 0 votes 
= Guests (67 votes)

Poll Status: Closed  »»   Total Votes: 116 counted  »»   Last Vote: 10/03/2005 11:40 PM 

Edited by - kiddal on 10/05/2005 7:51 PM

bkikkert
Male Advanced Member
847 Posts
[Mentor]

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada

Harley-Davidson

Ultra Classic '08

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  12:54 PM
When I clicked on this pole, I got the results with no chance to vote????
Go to Top of Page

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17381 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  3:30 PM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
If a poll is closed or locked you cannot cast a ballot for it. In other words, you can only see the results of that poll. This poll is marked 'closed' - by the author's choice or because it has reached it's life time.
Go to Top of Page

bkikkert
Male Advanced Member
847 Posts
[Mentor]

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada

Harley-Davidson

Ultra Classic '08

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  5:59 PM
Why would a new poll be closed? What's the point? This pole is shown as a pink folder indicating a new pole...
Go to Top of Page

kiddal
Male Advanced Member
1561 Posts
[Mentor]

SE, Indiana
USA

Kawasaki

KLR650

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  7:18 PM
It should be open now. I have no idea how that happened. I created it, voted and it looks like one other person voted in it. I didn't close it, unless I did it last night in my sleep.
Go to Top of Page

kiddal
Male Advanced Member
1561 Posts
[Mentor]

SE, Indiana
USA

Kawasaki

KLR650

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  7:38 AM
It's closed again. Seems like everytime someone votes it gets closed for some reason.

I changed it from an "Unspecified" end date to 1 year and re-opened it again. That's the only thing I could think of to do. Hopefully, that fixes it.

Edited by - kiddal on 09/03/2005 7:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

DoubleDip
262 Posts

Erlanger, Kentucky
USA

Yamaha

650 V-Star Silverado

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  9:24 AM
Interesting results so far, it's nice to be in good company.
Bruce
Go to Top of Page

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17381 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  9:35 AM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
I just checked the code and found a modest problem but it is not by any means certain that it was what caused your poll to close so quickly.

I noticed that you set the poll to have a life of one year but that the scheduled close date was 09/02/2005. The code should have computed a close date based on your choice added to the date the poll was created. Obviously it did not. My problem is that it has worked in the past and only your poll was affected.

In any event, I set the poll life to 3 months and watched for a new scheduled close date. It turned up to be December, as it should. I will watch closely to see if I need to go back in and tweak the code some more.
Go to Top of Page

dandrewk
Standard Member
156 Posts

San Rafael, CA
USA

Ducati

Multistrada 620 Dark

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  1:03 PM
Would be nice if there was a "maxi-scooter" choice, as these are getting more popular. Big difference between a 400cc maxi and a 49cc two stroke.
Go to Top of Page

kiddal
Male Advanced Member
1561 Posts
[Mentor]

SE, Indiana
USA

Kawasaki

KLR650

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  1:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dandrewk

Would be nice if there was a "maxi-scooter" choice, as these are getting more popular. Big difference between a 400cc maxi and a 49cc two stroke.

That's kind of what I had in mind with the "Scooter" choice. I kind of figured a 49cc bike to be a moped, but I don't really have any idea what the technical distinction is.
Go to Top of Page

dandrewk
Standard Member
156 Posts

San Rafael, CA
USA

Ducati

Multistrada 620 Dark

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  7:23 PM
Here is the dictionary's definition, which jibes with my own:

Moped - A lightweight motorized bicycle that can be pedaled as well as driven by a low-powered gasoline engine.

The distinction between scooters and maxi-scooters is a little fuzzy. Some think that any scooter that can do highway speeds is a maxi - around 150-200cc. Personally, I think 250cc should be the dividing line. These are larger and more comfortable for long trips, and can get speeds into the 80's on the flats.

I realize that most here are motorcycle riders, but there has been a recent explosion in scooter sales. Hopefully, most will gravitate over here to discuss safety topics.
Go to Top of Page

Gs82Seca650
Male Advanced Member
1990 Posts
[Mentor]

Southern, PA
USA

Yamaha

1982 XJ 650 R Seca

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  7:02 AM
This looks like a predominantly cruiser site, which is cool. I am in the minority with my Seca, which I classified as "Naked." I think I would have included a choice for UJM or "Universal Japanese Motorcycle", which is what many of the late 70's early-mid 80's metric bikes were. Just a thought.....
Go to Top of Page

jollyroger
Advanced Member
2157 Posts
[Mentor]

St. Charles, MO
USA

Harley-Davidson

Springer Classic

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  9:33 AM
quote:
Originally posted by dandrewk

Here is the dictionary's definition, which jibes with my own:

Moped - A lightweight motorized bicycle that can be pedaled as well as driven by a low-powered gasoline engine.

Makes it kinda hard to swallow that the early Harleys would be classified as mopeds...especially since the origin of the term "motorcycle" was derived from "motorized bicycle"...
I prefer to think that any and all motorized, two inline-wheeled vehicles would be considered motorcycles, regardless of engine size...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.49 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05