(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3452 positive of 3834 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Campfire chat
 Reminiscing
Member  Discussion Topic Next Topic  

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17333 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 12/08/2018 :  8:03 PM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend                        Like
I was passing the time of day thinking about some of the awesome touring rides that Cash and I made over the years across this great country.

One of those, in particular, stuck out pretty clearly. We rode from Houston, Texas to Pikes Peak in Colorado. And though visiting the mountaintop was a wonderful experience by itself, and riding down from there while it was snowing AND HAILING all the way to the bottom was 'interesting', I confess that it was the side trip to the Air Force Academy that was most memorable to me. I can think of no other word to describe how I felt while there than 'inspired'.

God bless America.

rkfire
Advanced Member
1714 Posts

Stratford, CT
USA

Suzuki

Bandit

Posted - 12/22/2018 :  12:54 PM   Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
My most memorable trip was up in Ontario Canada, 2up, loaded up, for camping. It was up in the Georgian Bay area, a part of Lake Huron, 30 thousand islands. Far enough out away from everything, but only a couple hours ride to Barrie by way of back roads, and it being I guess a little under 2 hours from Toronto. The thing is, it rained several of the days, and the campground had red clay dirt roads. That red clay turned to slippery muck when wet. Every inch of that bike was full of clay, even after washing there, and again at home. Travelled several dirt roads, or gravel, but the best were paved roads up and down and winding through hilly areas. In the end, that muck, and rain actually made it memorable, just dealing with the weather and conditions with only a motorcycle and whatever clothes could be packed. The sort of thing you look back and chuckle. The little town of Port Parry nearby had enough entertainment, food, and touristy type things. What really amazed me was seeing a US Navy vessel at the big pier once I guess used for commercial ships. The US ship and crew were on a joint training exercise. Nice to see old glory flying on it. We caught a classic car meet there too, imagine pristine old cars in the Great White North, with all those salted roads.
Go to Top of Page
   Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05