(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3456 positive of 3838 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 General Discussion
 What are the conflict of interests here?
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17362 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500

Posted - 07/02/2020 :  2:47 PM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend                        Like
I'm unable to provide specifics about this question, just generalities.

A man's wife was his passenger on the bike when he crashed into something. Whether it was his fault or not, the wife, who was seriously injured, sued her husband.

Well, of course, that means she sued her husband's insurance company.

Does anybody find that to be filled with conflicts of interest?

Aint the law an interesting conundrum at times?

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6937 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, ID
USA

Honda

XR650L, 790 Adv R

Posted - 07/03/2020 :  4:27 PM
Five or six years ago my mother was seriously injured when getting out of a car parked on a slanted driveway. Apparently the driver didn't get the car all the way into park or something. The two women in their 90's in the front got out okay, but my mother, also in her 90's had just gotten her feet onto the ground getting out of the back when the car rolled back and knocked her down.

The insurance company said that she was at least 51% at fault even though she was totally blind in one eye and had very poor vision in the other. In other words, they didn't want to pay the medical bills.

The only option would have been for my mother to sue her friend, then the insurance company might pay up. She didn't want to do that.

You'll never hear me say a good word about that particular insurance company.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05