(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3456 positive of 3838 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

You can the entire collection of Safety Tip articles in a 33 Megabyte PDF Portfolio

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 General Discussion
 Training fatality, October 2020
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

DataDan
Advanced Member
582 Posts
[Mentor]

Central Coast, CA
USA

Yamaha

FJR1300

Posted - 10/04/2020 :  10:26 AM                       Like
Tragically, another training participant has died. The crash occurred October 3, 2020, in Palatine, Illinois. See news story at the Palatine Daily Herald. The training range can be seen in this Google Maps satellite view.

In a horrible coincidence, the victim was a 66-year-old woman taking a basic 3-wheel course, as was the victim in the other incident I posted about recently. It was a single-vehicle crash, but no other details are reported.

These are very rare incidents. The most recent training fatality in my archive of crash news occurred in 2015 when a participant of a non-MSF class in New York City choked to death on a hard candy. Before that, in 2013 a woman died in upstate New York in a 3-wheel training class, but cause of death was determined to be a pre-existing heart condition. And in 2010, a man died in training in South Carolina. In addition, I have two instances of instructors dying in falls, not on motorcycles

RIP, all.

Eagle Six
20 Posts

Snowflake, Arizona
USA

Kawasaki

ZX14R

Posted - 10/04/2020 :  2:09 PM
Although the crash incidents like this seem to be rare, I wonder if it is more prevalent than the lack of news reports suggest. Perhaps there have been more, or even many more, 3-wheel training crashes than get reported because they were not fatality related, therefore not really news worthy and the incident was handled and kept within the training facility.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05