(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3459 positive of 3842 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Polls
 Polls and other features - criticisms
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

James R. Davis
Male Administrator
17384 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Honda

GoldWing 1500
Peer Review: 1

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  10:51 AM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend                        Like
People,

The polls are here for *YOU* to ask the kinds of questions that you have no other way to ask. If you would like to know how many motorcyclists also drive SUV's, then create a poll. If people don't respond to it, that should tell you something as well as those that do.

Now I'm going to say this only one more time ... *I* decide what features to create and make available to my guests. If you don't want or will not use some of them, that's perfectly fine with me. I don't put cream in my coffee but I appreciate that it is offered just the same.

So, quit, please, being critical. This is a board set up to service the needs and desires of the general motorcycling public, not your individual tastes or desires. If you find a feature of this board that can be better implemented, or one that does not exist and you would like to see it enabled here, say so and I'll try to accommodate. Criticism to be critical is unappreciated. I work very hard to satisfy the users at large. I cannot satisfy each of you when your desires and interests are often not consistent with each other.

River
Male Advanced Member
506 Posts
[Mentor]

Chippewa Falls, WI
USA

Kawasaki

Concours

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  11:00 AM
James!
You do a fantastic job! I know that quite a few of the posts we see are simply thanking you for your work, and I also understand you are not looking for accolades but, really, you do an amazing job- I, for one appreciate it.
So- thanks for your hard work.
^o^
Go to Top of Page

Indiana Randy
2118 Posts
[Mentor]

Fort Wayne, Indiana
USA

Honda

2000 Magna V4 750

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  11:27 AM
I help people launch their own business, usually people who have never had a business before. One thing said is; The easiest way to go out of business is to try and please everyone! Instead, stick to what you do best and be the best at it.

With that in mind, you ARE the best creating, building, monitoring and continuing to improve a motorcycle board with Safety being a primary concern.

Keep up the excellent work!
Go to Top of Page

Gs82Seca650
Male Advanced Member
1990 Posts
[Mentor]

Southern, PA
USA

Yamaha

1982 XJ 650 R Seca

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  11:31 AM
I second River's notion.

I think the VAST MAJORITY of the people who use this board are EXTREMELY grateful for all of the hard work and personal time you put in to keep this board going James.

In my opinion, those who want to be critical can go somewhere else. You have a life of your own, and your life does not revolve around this board (at least not entirely I wouldn't think).

I also think the MAJORITY of people here acknowledge, respect and admire your vast knowledge of motorcycles and your willingness to share that expertise with us. Who knows how many accidents you have prevented, diminished and/or lives saved by your work? I would be willing to wager a good many.

Thanks so much for all that you do for us James, I for one (and I am sure many many others) greatly appreciate your efforts.
Go to Top of Page

BadaBing
Male Advanced Member
1196 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, TX
USA

Harley-Davidson

Heritage Classic 04

Posted - 09/25/2005 :  8:45 AM
Hey James,

Kudos for providing a great vehicle to share and transfer info about safety. To those few critics, I say,

"If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

-Elderidge Cleaver

Let them spend time and effort to build their own message board community, run according to their rules and wishes and see how many people join. Better yet, see how long it survives.

Ciao,

BadaBing

Edited by - BadaBing on 09/25/2005 8:45 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05