(Please visit one of our advertisers)

No donations or subscriptions are required

OR   

Subscription choices:
Board Karma = 40  (3458 positive of 3841 votes is 40 %pts higher than a neutral 50%)
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle   
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Motorcycle Safety
 Polls
 Tail Light Modulator
Member Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  

kiddal
Male Advanced Member
1561 Posts
[Mentor]

SE, Indiana
USA

Kawasaki

KLR650

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  7:51 PM   DetailDetail                        Like
Poll Question:
Do you have a Tail Light Modulator?

Results:
Yes   [24%] 21 votes 
No, but I'm thinking about it   [29%] 25 votes 
No   [47%] 40 votes 
= Guests (40 votes)

Poll Status: Closed  »»   Total Votes: 86 counted  »»   Last Vote: 11/19/2005 4:21 PM 

SteveS
Male Advanced Member
1208 Posts
[Mentor]

Toronto, Ontario
Canada

Harley-Davidson

2018 Tri-Gliide

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  8:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by kiddal

Do you have a Tail Light Modulator?

How do you find the time, Kiddal, to think up all the questions, provide all the links, and otherwise add so much to this forum?
Go to Top of Page

scottrnelson
Advanced Member
6954 Posts
[Mentor]

Meridian, ID
USA

Honda

XR650L, 790 Adv R

Posted - 10/20/2005 :  6:59 AM
My tail light modulator is my right hand and right foot, at least as long as I'm not making a hard stop.
Go to Top of Page

kiddal
Male Advanced Member
1561 Posts
[Mentor]

SE, Indiana
USA

Kawasaki

KLR650

Posted - 10/20/2005 :  12:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by scottrnelson

...at least as long as I'm not making a hard stop.

That's when I think it has the most value.
Go to Top of Page

Cash Anthony
Female Administrator
1470 Posts
[Mentor]

Houston, Texas
USA

Honda

Magna 750

Posted - 10/20/2005 :  12:40 PM Follow poster on Twitter  Join poster on Facebook as Friend  
I answered 'no' because I don't think I have what you're describing, but I do have extra LED lights that come on when I brake. They're mounted up on the back of the sissy bar, in an effort to create a higher visual clue to vehicles behind me.

I also try to remember to flick my brake lights one way or another, whenever I'm coming up to a situation where I must slow down. I think that's from riding lead so long, trying to give the riders behind me a clue if I can't get to the C.B. in time.

Didn't know there are 'tail-light modulators,' but I have seen those fancy lights that a lot of Gold Wing owners add, that blink in series or in a special pattern. Maybe it's the same thing.

Cash
Go to Top of Page

jollyroger
Advanced Member
2157 Posts
[Mentor]

St. Charles, MO
USA

Harley-Davidson

Springer Classic

Posted - 10/20/2005 :  1:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cash Anthony

I answered 'no' because I don't think I have what you're describing, but I do have extra LED lights that come on when I brake. They're mounted up on the back of the sissy bar, in an effort to create a higher visual clue to vehicles behind me.

I also try to remember to flick my brake lights one way or another, whenever I'm coming up to a situation where I must slow down. I think that's from riding lead so long, trying to give the riders behind me a clue if I can't get to the C.B. in time.

Didn't know there are 'tail-light modulators,' but I have seen those fancy lights that a lot of Gold Wing owners add, that blink in series or in a special pattern. Maybe it's the same thing.

Cash

After this, you'll know...:
http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.as...tric&ci=2967
I highly recommend it...
Go to Top of Page

kiddal
Male Advanced Member
1561 Posts
[Mentor]

SE, Indiana
USA

Kawasaki

KLR650

Posted - 10/20/2005 :  3:22 PM
This unit allows you to just pull out the normal tail light bulb and replace it with the modulator/bulb. Couldn't be easier.

http://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=3
Go to Top of Page

Mikey
Male Senior Member
287 Posts

Benton, Kentucky
USA

Harley-Davidson

FLHTCI/XL/FXDL

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  11:57 AM
I have been manually modulating my brake lights to give three quick flashes if someone is behind me.
Go to Top of Page

Indiana Randy
2118 Posts
[Mentor]

Fort Wayne, Indiana
USA

Honda

2000 Magna V4 750

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  12:11 PM
Tail light modulators are nice, BUT, you still only have ONE brake light. For less money than a tail light modulator you can add a couple of 8 bank LEDs that will flash for 5 seconds and then stay lit.

Now you have three brake lights, two of which flash automatically.
Go to Top of Page

SteveS
Male Advanced Member
1208 Posts
[Mentor]

Toronto, Ontario
Canada

Harley-Davidson

2018 Tri-Gliide

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  3:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Indiana Randy

Tail light modulators are nice, BUT, you still only have ONE brake light. For less money than a tail light modulator you can add a couple of 8 bank LEDs that will flash for 5 seconds and then stay lit.

Now you have three brake lights, two of which flash automatically.

Actually Randy. Some of us have more brake lights. My rear turn signal lights are wired to operate as brake lights as well as turn signals, bot the kit from HD but I'm sure there are other makes, had to change lenses from orange to red to make it all legal.
Go to Top of Page

kiddal
Male Advanced Member
1561 Posts
[Mentor]

SE, Indiana
USA

Kawasaki

KLR650

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  7:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Indiana Randy

For less money than a tail light modulator you can add a couple of 8 bank LEDs that will flash for 5 seconds and then stay lit.

Where from?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Discussion Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle © Master Strategy Group Go To Top Of Page
  This page was generated in 0.43 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05